9 replies to this topic

#1 nugmebot

nugmebot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

So i have a softmodded xbox with a 40Gb drive and it runs great all except for one thing:
the video mode settings in MS Dash are reset each time i reboot/shutdown the xbox.
The video mode settings in xbmc are ignored and do not work.
I'm not sure which softmod i'm running but it's the one that goes to custom dash if powered on by ejecting drive.

You know how to fix this? Preaz herp!! sad.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

You have to bypass virtual eeprom, change the settings, and possibly update the virtual eeprom. The xbmc4xbox wiki article on enabling HD explains how to do this.

#3 nugmebot

nugmebot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 1 2012, 11:43 PM) View Post

You have to bypass virtual eeprom, change the settings, and possibly update the virtual eeprom. The xbmc4xbox wiki article on enabling HD explains how to do this.

Thank you for your quick answer, it all looks very logical and will hopefully work.
I'll report back as soon as i get to my xbox (which atm is 100KM+ away from me).

love.gif

#4 nugmebot

nugmebot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Well now that i've read the above guide i got a new problem, i don't have access to cdrs and no possibility to run cdrs eihter. The box is softmodded only..
The softmod is SID4.1 (using xbmc atm though). Please guys help a player out biggrin.gif

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

CDR is of absolutely no use to you. You need DVD-R. Being "softmodded only" doesn't make any difference - we knew it was softmodded from your first post.

If you'd used a decent softmod (Krayzie 1.1.1) instead of an old copy of SID you wouldn't have this problem. Fortunately Krayzie 1.1.1 can still help you. FTP Krayzie Extras to E:\Apps\Extras\, and run E:\Apps\Extras\default.xbe. Select "Launch Extras" from the menu. Once the LED has turned red you have bypassed virtual eeprom, and can make the changes to the MS Dash settings. While in Krayzie Extras you might need to go through the C partition and delete any files called eeprom.bin.

Your post implies that you believe that SID 4.1 has been "replaced" by XBMC. It hasn't - you have simply replaced your dash with XBMC, not your softmod.

Edit: I've just had a quick look, and I suspect that the MS Dash you need to run will be at E:\backup\MS\xboxdash.xbe

Edited by Heimdall, 04 April 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#6 nugmebot

nugmebot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

I didn't find Krayzie's 1.1.1 (that's a lie i found a bunch of exploit installers but don't know which one to choose).
However i did find HeXEn - Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc ph34r.gif cool.gif , would this work if extracted and FTP'd to the xbox?

edit: oh wait the rar's asking for a password sad.gif

Edited by nugmebot, 13 April 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#7 nugmebot

nugmebot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

can't edit above post, so: this demonoid torrent finnished just now.. will this iso work if extracted to hdd?

Edited by nugmebot, 13 April 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#8 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

You maybe OK but you do need to be very careful about posting external links. This forum has pretty strict rules about such things even when done in ignorance or accidentally.

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE(nugmebot @ Apr 13 2012, 11:41 PM) View Post

can't edit above post, so: this demonoid torrent finnished just now.. will this iso work if extracted to hdd?

Yes, but you have to know what you are doing, and you have to edit the config, and some of the features don't work. Start here.

#10 nugmebot

nugmebot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Apr 14 2012, 03:32 AM) View Post

You maybe OK but you do need to be very careful about posting external links. This forum has pretty strict rules about such things even when done in ignorance or accidentally.

Oops sorry guy, i kind of suspected that; hence the goo.gl which makes it technically not a direct link to content 'x' jester.gif
Of course this would not justify breaking the forum rules, instead it is an attempt at following them.

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 14 2012, 04:06 AM) View Post

Yes, but you have to know what you are doing, and you have to edit the config, and some of the features don't work. Start here.

That actually sounds very much indeed good enough for me smile.gif , hope it works and i'll also check if i have M$Dash in E:\backup\xboxdash.xbe happy.gif

May the force be with y'all

Edited by nugmebot, 19 April 2012 - 08:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users