Kaiser Zero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hey everybody,

My Xbox 360 was stolen last night, so I'm looking to buy another one. If I buy a Slim 360, what should I know about it's moddability?

From what I understand, there are 2 drives, Lite-On and Hitachi, and with Lite-On, the key can be read, but on some versions, the firmware can't be written, so you need a replacement PCB or to use a hack that I'm not familiar with (Kamikaze, which may or may not be a dangerous hack to use?), and I'm not sure about Hitachi models.

What are the chances of me getting each, and what are my options with each model?

The robbery makes me want to use my backups even more, as my retail games weren't taken because they were in a separate, secure location. So, I'm pretty eager to get up and running with a new system.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

Damn sucks to have your Xbox stolen. The slim does have many liteon models. Which models require the replacement board? IDK. I know Hitachi aren't hacked yet, and its common to get a liteon. I believe the slim isn't worth hacking as its $200-$300 and you don't know which type of drive your getting. They your going to need to spend more money on top off that. I say to get an old used Phat Xbox. If your worried about red-ring, get a jasper motherboard. And if the Xbox gets banned, you didn't spend much. I have a slim that still has the warranty sticker on it, then i have a falcon i got at a flea market for $40. Which Came with a liteon 7XXX, which i put LT3.0 on it. And it only took about 10minutes to do. No extra parts needed if you know how to solder and do the MRA hack. So that's my opinion, i say the slim is to risky and not really worth it, but its your choice.

#3 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

On the side of the box is a white sticker with all the bar codes. On that sticker is a 4 digit "Lot #". You need one that is lower than 1135X, otherwise you will likely get a new LiteOn that is not yet moddable. You still run a slim (no pun intended) chance of getting a Hitachi drive even in the lower Lot #'s. Those also cannot be flashed at this time. www.360drives.com can also be helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users