• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 metroplex2k7

metroplex2k7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Ok, I got some money coming in and was thinking about getting a Xbox360. I already have a 500GB USB HDD. So I was thinking about getting the 360key. I was wondering if anyone has one, does it work good, and can you link a reputable US site to order one?

I am also planning on buying the TrueBlue for my 3.55 PS3. I'm wondering if anyone has used it, does it work good. And can you link a reputable US site to order one?

Thank you...

#2 woody101

woody101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Only had my x360key for about a month now, but no real issues at all.

Installation was easy on my phat with hitachi 78, only came with a cardboard wrap to protect from shorting so got plenty of electrical tape round that.

Already had the dvd key so didnt have to worry about getting that, but remember you do need it and reading via the x360key wasnt an option for me.

Setup with its ISOMenu option, only niggle was I didnt read the instructions and the JPG images must be smaller than 200MB. Once corrected all look fine and its OK but sometimes I still use its remote.

Did see some people having issues with 2.5 hard disks that drew power from the USB, but my had disk is an old 3.5 with external power supply.

Easy to use and does what I wanted, dont know about a comparison to wasabi but Im very happy with it.

I put the CFW on my PS3, but have since updated its firmware so no TruBlue for me sad.gif

#3 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

eventhough i just got my xk3y installed on an different console, i have been ignoring it since installation because i also have a jtag and a retail slim. the xk3y was easy to install and imho, is not very cumbersome to use, but i would not describe it as super intuitive either. i bought mine from DX in china and it arrived a week or so after the latest fw releases.

yes, the xkey will need the dvd key and that is the same no matter which ODDE you choose to buy. one tip is that if you buy from a bst seller here on x-s, choose one who preflashes new consoles and ask that he provide you with the dvd key(you want both digital files and the text string). if you want the drive to remain stock, not flashed, that will be an easy request to accomodate as well; just ask for what you want.

fyi, the wasabi can now read the key from a specific liteon drive model, cannot remember which, but for some reason the website says not to use their device with a preflashed console so that is sort of wierd...

what is trueblue? i will have to look it up. i have a MGS4 LE 40gb console with 3.40 and amazebreak dongle, but tbh it is a glorified bluray player that gets no love.

#4 metroplex2k7

metroplex2k7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

But what if the 360 I'm buying it for is a virgin model. I was gonna get whatever the $199 set is. Will the xkey read the dvd key or is there something special I have to do to get it?

Wonder which is better, the x360key or the Wasabi360?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users