Photo

Transferring Games On Xbox Hard Drive To Xbox 360 Hard Drive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 antiquityscion

antiquityscion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

I am not asking how to do it, just asking if it is possible....

I have an original Xbox I have soft-modded using Hexen and upgraded the hard drive to increase capacity.

I have also backed up original xbox games I legally own using DVD2Xbox, to the xbox hard drive.

As a redundancy, I have used a program called FlashFXP on my pc, connected to my xbox, and backed up the games on the xbox hard drive, to my computer, in case the xbox hard drive ever goes out.

I have not owned an Xbox 360 so I am not familiar with it. However, I was wondering if it is possible to upload the games I backed up to an Xbox 360's hard drive.

If so:

Does it require a soft mod? If yes, what is the best soft mod program (IE equivalent to hexen for a 360)

Does it ban you from Xbox live?

If not:

Is it possible to burn the data files of the games I backed up to a DVD disk that can be played on a 360?

If yes, can that burned game disk be copied to the xbox hard drive, like a normal xbox\xbox360 game?

If yes, would such a process ban me from xbox live?

Thank you!

Edited by antiquityscion, 02 March 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#2 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

no

no

and no

the games have been extracted to the xbox1 hdd

to play from disc on a retail xbox360 they would need to be repackaged into an ixtreme compatible iso and burned tpo dual layer disc (even if image fits onto SL media)

you cant just FTP into the xbox360 (unless you JTAG/RGH it) retail console will not be able to do anything with your files.

if you have the original discs, just play them!

retail xbox360 do not let you install the game to disc either AFAIK only 360 titles.

if you JTAG/RGH the console then you can indeed just copy the files to your PC, then FTP them over to your xbox360 or stick them on an external HDD and play them.

RGH/JTAG xbox360 will be banned from live almost instantly when you connect.

flashing the drive will allow you to play copies and you are live safe at the moment, but flashed drives will not do the same as JTAG/RGH.

Edited by Gazc0igne, 05 March 2012 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users