• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mattpwns1

mattpwns1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

I was fixing my red ringed xbox the other day and was confused as my manufacture date was 10/28/05, but when I opened it up, the GPU heatsink was a Zephyr and later heatsink with the heatpipe, not the simple Xenon one. WHAT'S GOING ON?

#2 bidrug

bidrug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(mattpwns1 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:12 AM) View Post

I was fixing my red ringed xbox the other day and was confused as my manufacture date was 10/28/05, but when I opened it up, the GPU heatsink was a Zephyr and later heatsink with the heatpipe, not the simple Xenon one. WHAT'S GOING ON?

that box was at warranty at some point in its life, that's why you got the zephyr heatsink.

#3 mattpwns1

mattpwns1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Only problem with that is I've owned it since launch and never had it repaired or anything

#4 mattpwns1

mattpwns1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Bump

#5 djexentrix

djexentrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

You can't go by the heatsink. It's determined by if you have hdmi or not and what the power supply connector looks like. http://tfixrepairs.c...PURevisions.jpg

#6 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

is there a point to knowing which revision you have

#7 mattpwns1

mattpwns1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yes to me there is a point as it will help determine how long my rrod fix will last

#8 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(mattpwns1 @ Mar 5 2012, 09:58 AM) View Post

Yes to me there is a point as it will help determine how long my rrod fix will last

Follow the link provided and check the connectors to pinpoint the mainboard revision. Please read before you post again!

#9 richilg1

richilg1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I play Halo
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

If you have the GPU heatpipe with the newer, copper extension with THAT manufacture date, it's been sent in to be fixed. There is no other explanation. UNLESS, the case you have with that particular motherboard has been swapped for another, older, case. Nothing else would explain why that newer heatsink is there. btw, Zephyr has HDMI........so it can't be a Zephyr with that manufacture date. You have a Xenon right now, unless it WAS sent in for repair at one point. Then there is a small possibility it could be an Opus (Falcon board with no HDMI), inside your old Xenon case.

Basically, if that isn't an Opus, there is pretty much no chance that the X-clamp replacement method will last. I'm just assuming that is what you did. Still, anything else will probably not last either. If it is a Xenon, your fix is temporary and it MUST be reballed to last long at all.

#10 mattpwns1

mattpwns1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Ok well we've established the fact mine us a xenon, now what I did to fix it was a reflow and then a hybrid xclamp fix (those who parent familiar with that look it up) been working great for a month now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users