X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE(ruciz @ Mar 4 2012, 04:42 PM) View Post

wait, coz is stopping dashlaunch development now, and the XeBuild team is giving up because of xecuter's fusion kernel announcement? guess FSD is dead in the water then too.

I can't see that as true - but interest may be so low that it isn't worth the bother.

Also coz is a great software developer, I think he enjoys the challenges with it.

What are you talking about? This doesn't affect xebuild or fsd - if you knew anything you'd know that some of the xecuter guys are active as staff in those irc channels and work alongside those teams. The Fusion kernel will work WITH those projects and enhance them. If you knew anything you'd see that they are testing DemoN with Fusion and FSD / RXE. Where do you people get your silly info from?

Xecuter even helped cOz by supplying him with hardware for him to work on his next big project, which he will now have lots of time to do.

Enough of the lame rumours and just enjoy - cOz hasn't gone anywhere - its just that dashlaunch is at the end of its life cycle - nothing more nothing less.

Edited by DARKFiB3R, 05 March 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#17 rami1

rami1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

Even if EA servers are up, I don't think You could connect to them...
But I will be very happy If I am wrong smile.gif.

QUOTE(Julets @ Mar 4 2012, 09:39 PM) View Post

I can't get fakelive = true to do anything with my live account. I didn't add the information to the xbox though (this prompt to add info pops up every time I log in to it, I always choose no).

Anyone get fakelive = true to do anything? Do you have to be on the latest dash? I'm still on 599.

EDIT: ok well it looks like in Mass Effect 3, that the game thinks I'm connected to live. It appears that if the EA servers where up, I could connect to them in game. Before fakelive=true, this of course wouldn't work at all.

#18 Julets

Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(rami1 @ Mar 5 2012, 02:41 AM) View Post

Even if EA servers are up, I don't think You could connect to them...
But I will be very happy If I am wrong smile.gif.

Well, it will let me create an account...not sure. I wish there was just a little bit more info on what this does in application.

#19 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Mar 5 2012, 01:52 AM) View Post

What are you talking about? This doesn't affect xebuild or fsd - if you knew anything you'd know that some of the xecuter guys are active as staff in those irc channels and work alongside those teams. The Fusion kernel will work WITH those projects and enhance them. If you knew anything you'd see that they are testing DemoN with Fusion and FSD / RXE. Where do you people get your silly info from?

Xecuter even helped cOz by supplying him with hardware for him to work on his next big project, which he will now have lots of time to do.

Enough of the lame rumours and just enjoy - cOz hasn't gone anywhere - its just that dashlaunch is at the end of its life cycle - nothing more nothing less.

never read the NFO, was just going on this thread. Guess DashLaunch is done! thanks for the contribution coz. Hope the next challenge is just as rewarding!

#20 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

Thanks again to cOz, Node21 and everyone else who has made homebrew on the xbox 360 what it is today! I thank you guys sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

You may not realise it, but you have contributed to improving the quality of lives for many people, including handicapped children who's parents may now be able to afford everything that comes with a retail kernel due to their added expenses and what-not. You tireless efforts have improved their lives and that of their parents. This is something I have witnessed first-hand. The way you guys kept adding features that added functionality(or removed it) which allow parents to tailor their console to their child's needs in ways that cannot be done with normal retail consoles (eg some kids have trouble handling discs etc..) It's truly amazing, and I salute you all!

It is a pity that some of us have used the wonderful opportunities to do silly things that invite the wrath of M$, but the next-time thinking about that gets you down or has you questioning your motives, I suggest you remember the others you have helped. Neural-Plasticity is an area which is as-yet relatively un-explored form a console-game standpoint, But I can tell you that the interactions etc.. Have a positive effect on kids who's brains fall outside the norm. I have seen some quiet kids who wont look you in the eye or talk to being very happy and interactive individuals and a large part of that is their use of a console that allows them to choose games to their liking and try them (try to do this for them is very difficult as you can't tell what they will like) Also many of these kids find reading difficult, and may not take well to the constant stream of dash updates, keeping them playing new games seems to be good for them, but they can find dash-updates overwhelming if they can't find their games. FSD and DL have given them the needed consistency for the to learn to recognize basic words etc..

Anyways, I'm even more busy these days (if that's possible) and wasn't sure when I might find another time to mention this, now seemed appropriate. Perhaps you guys can pass it on to other homebrew devs, as I may not get the chance to do it properly.

Brgds Dan

Edited by danthaman673, 05 March 2012 - 04:51 AM.

#21 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Mar 4 2012, 09:35 AM) View Post

Fusion is a replacement kernel that runs on JTAG'd and Glitched boxes, nobody will be paying anything for it, it is 100% free, and will remain so.

With Fusion, Dashlaunch is simply no longer needed.

If you are going to make such claims, you should at least try and find out if there is any truth to them first, before presenting them as fact.

That may be true, but there is discussion over at the TX forums where one of the admins says a DemoN is required. Regardless, cOz does seem to strike a rather bitter tone in his readme:

Dash Launch 2.32
----------------

It's been a long fun road full of headaches and cheers, and I'm glad you all
joined me on this journey. 2.32 marks the end of my work on this project as
well as bringing fast patch updates for new versions to other projects now that
the expert-tease of 3rd party product providers steps up to provide... well
that remains to be seen, but look to them when the next update rolls out.

Just a little bonus, its not documented elsewhere but was being worked on as
the next feature, and as it stands it is incomplete. fakelive=true, see what
happens when you use a live account to start an app. There, that is my expert-
tease to punctuate the last 2.5 years of work, and I didn't even try to sell
you a damned thing wink.gif

Personally, I don't see why the release of a modified kernel has to mean the end of everything else. All restrictions have been removed already, and some of us don't care for custom boot logos and the like. I actually prefer my JTAG to appear as stock as possible, so I boot into NXE and rarely use FSD at all. The status quo has served me well.

Edited by Toddler, 05 March 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#22 rami1

rami1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I have also read it there... I Hope this not true.
QUOTE(Toddler @ Mar 5 2012, 08:20 PM) View Post

....there is discussion over at the TX forums where one of the admins says a DemoN is required.

#23 RRoD420

RRoD420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(Spooning @ Mar 4 2012, 06:19 PM) View Post
fakelive = true

Get title update and try your XBLIG now! surprise surprise wink.gif

SO? What is the outcome? What does this new, secret unfinished feature do when you start a XBLA game using a live account (when enabled)??

#24 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(RRoD420 @ Mar 5 2012, 02:39 PM) View Post

SO? What is the outcome? What does this new, secret unfinished feature do when you start a XBLA game using a live account (when enabled)??

i think it might be a way to get apps like netflix working on rgh basically faking a live signin so you can use the app...gonna try it out tonight will report back

#25 Spooning

Spooning

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Have you ever tried to play a Xbox Live INDIE GAME without XboxLive?
Then u should know whats so special blink.gif

#26 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Spooning @ Mar 5 2012, 02:31 PM) View Post

You know that youtube is a XNA game right tongue.gif

#27 omb

omb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

Thanks for the release I also like the authors sense of humor.

rolleyes.gif I cant believe no one else saw it.

- if you think I'm quitting at 232 you're more retarded than you look

biggrin.gif

Edited by omb, 06 March 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#28 DARKFiB3R

DARKFiB3R

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

lol, totally missed that. Sneaky biggrin.gif

#29 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(omb @ Mar 5 2012, 08:37 PM) View Post

Thanks for the release I also like the authors sense of humor.

rolleyes.gif I cant believe no one else saw it.

- if you think I'm quitting at 232 you're more retarded than you look

biggrin.gif

Oh nice, that is hilarious. Who reads the entire changelog?

#30 RRoD420

RRoD420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE(ravendrow @ Mar 5 2012, 05:05 PM) View Post

i think it might be a way to get apps like netflix working on rgh basically faking a live signin so you can use the app...gonna try it out tonight will report back
QUOTE(Spooning @ Mar 5 2012, 05:31 PM) View Post
That's fuckin amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users