doveman007

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

Been a while since I updated the dash so I just want to check before I do anything stupid

I'm currently on 12611 so I dumped that with Flash360 and loaded that into J-Runner and entered my CPU key. Then I selected 14719, Jtag and Dashlaunch patches and edited the Launch.ini options to match my current ones and did Create Image. I have four bad blocks by the way, but Freeboot/Flash360 always managed to remap them successfully previously.

So now I want to use Flash360 to update the dash, so I've taken the nandflash.bin, renamed it to updflash.bin and Flash360 asks whether I'm keeping current kv/config or not, so I just wanted to double-check that it's OK to use Flash360 for this and which option I should select here.

#2 Swizzy

Swizzy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(doveman007 @ Mar 5 2012, 02:20 AM) View Post

Been a while since I updated the dash so I just want to check before I do anything stupid

I'm currently on 12611 so I dumped that with Flash360 and loaded that into J-Runner and entered my CPU key. Then I selected 14719, Jtag and Dashlaunch patches and edited the Launch.ini options to match my current ones and did Create Image. I have four bad blocks by the way, but Freeboot/Flash360 always managed to remap them successfully previously.

So now I want to use Flash360 to update the dash, so I've taken the nandflash.bin, renamed it to updflash.bin and Flash360 asks whether I'm keeping current kv/config or not, so I just wanted to double-check that it's OK to use Flash360 for this and which option I should select here.

It is ok, you choose to NOT keep anything from before, if you do keep the old data there might be a problem with the nand after the update

#3 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

no, don't keep current kv/config. You said you dumped the file from when you were on 12611. If you keep the kv/config. then you;ll end up with odd results. I think the images for 14719 use a stock kv/config setup. So, if you had either the fan speed to `100% or whatever in your old config, you might throw off the new kernel dash. So, just untick the 'keep current kv/config'.

#4 doveman007

doveman007

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Thanks guys. I was actually thinking that maybe I should KEEP the kv/config if it had been flashed previously, so your advice has saved me making that mistake smile.gif

#5 doveman007

doveman007

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Well it was a bit worrying when it would only boot to NXE after updating (never had that happen before), but luckily I had XexMenu on my HDD, so I loaded that and installed DashLaunch 2.32 from there and it's all good now smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users