Photo

Was My Rgh Work Not Quality Work? Or Is It My 360?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

Thank you for any and all help provided,

I have an off line RGH 360 and I notice that with the game crack down and Mortal Kombat the system self reboots. At first I thought it was over heating but then I notice that at the begging of the game (crackdown) it would reboot every single time at the same point, then I started to play MK and it also reboots at the same point of that game( certain scenes ) Other games play fine, no prob!!!! Then I tried to get a back up of my nand (just in case system crashed ) using flash360 and during the process the system gives errors while dumping the nand, so I am at a loss, could it be a faulty RGH set up or is it my 360? it is a phat,jasper. FYI, I have not updated to the latest dash. When the mod shop was setting up my 360 for the RGH it did have trouble getting a nand to match( that's what the modder said ) not sure if that has anything to do with it?

#2 duhasst0

duhasst0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

Sounds weird. When I did the rgh on my slim I didn't have to match my nand.
I know yours is the phat one but still, the process I used on my slim was only
slightly different than the one I used to jtag a xenon I have. That was basically
what I put in the system to achieve homebrew. If your confident in soldering
you could try soldering an lpt cable or an usb spi flasher to read the nand via
the headers on the board itself.

#3 crazygoldfish

crazygoldfish

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

Try updating dash launch , and fsd if it's not on latest versions.

If that doesn't work, might wanna take the hit & find a more reputable modder.

Or take it back to the guy & him to sort it.

Most reputable modders have a policy of " you come in with a working xbox,,,,,, you leave with a working xbox"

#4 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thank you all for the replies,

"If your confident in soldering
you could try soldering an lpt cable or an usb spi flasher to read the nand via
the headers on the board itself.'

No sad.gif I am not at all confident with this skill (soldering) have not really tried it so I would mess it up for sure. I would have to trust in someone who does this more frequently. And as for what I am running on the system, I have the latest FSD and as for dash launch.... I tried to install via a install disk and it didn't install so I looked online to read up more on installation and saw a tut and the dude did something with the systems nand( like when you update the dashboard on a jtag using jtag tool? or pig tool?) so I went to dump the nand(flash360) and saw I was getting an error, got scared if I went through with a corrupted nand,nand errors it might brick system. Then the mod shop I went to seems to have closed down? has been closed for a few weeks......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users