• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nose88346

nose88346

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

I am new to the 360 stuff and I have a couple I would like to mod. I see alot of stuff about Glitching and dvd firmware and the amount of different hardware and tuts are overwhelming. What is the difference in the different methods and which ones are best? Do you have to perform both a RGH and firmware flash or just one or the other? What tools are needed to perform each method? Thanks for any and all help!

#2 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

flashing the DVD drive allows backups (copies) to boot and you can use live at your own risk. thats about it.

for this you need a PC with SATA port and a way to power the drive. Junglefasher is the one and onl program required to read, modify and flash firmware files. If you have a slim you will also need an x360usb pro for some models of drive to read and write to the drive. you will also need to do a hardware unlock on the slim drives (sputnik or kamikaze depending on chipset) phat model drives have no harware locks and are easily flashed.

Reset Glitch Hack RGH is where you hack the xbox to load a patched dashboard with all security restrictions lifted, basically jailbreaking the console for want of a better word.

you can run unsigned (homebrew) code like emulators and run games from external hdd without needing the disc in the drive.

RGH xboxes cannot use live as they get banned very quickly so its offline only.

RGH requires you install a CPLD modvhip into the console to send the glitch to the CPU to allow the hacked dashboard to load.

there are apps like Xlink Kai which tunnel LAN networks allowing system link play however which is quie cool.

I personally flash the drives of my RGH consoles so that i can boot copies and also run homebrew apps having bewst of both worlds minus live of course.

Edited by Gazc0igne, 05 March 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#3 nose88346

nose88346

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

Got it! Thanks for the clarity, I think do both as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users