• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Si1entButDe4d1y

Si1entButDe4d1y

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

My Xbox profile recently went corrupt on me, but in a very atypical way.
I can still sign in to my profile when I turn on my Xbox 360, and I can view my past achievements and my avatar. However, when I launch a game, my profile picture and achievements disappear, and upon checking my profile's status, it is listed as corrupted. That said, I can still access my saves, even when I cannot see the profile itself.
I have tried using Con Flag Remover (although I honestly didn't expect that to work) to no avail.
After doing some research, the best suggestion that I could find (and I didn't come across anybody who was having the exact same problem) was to rehash and resign my profile with Modio, but, seeing as how that is a required step in the process of un-corrupting a profile with Con Flag Remover, it obviously had no effect.
When I launch certain games, such as Final Fantasy XIII-2, I get an error that informs me that my profile cannot be read because either my HDD is not inserted correctly or it does not have enough free space. The former is not the case, as my other profiles work fine, and the later is also untrue, as I have 5GB free space on my HDD.
If anybody can assist me in finding a way to uncorrupt my profile, it would be much appreciated. I recognize that this may not be possible, though, and if this is the case, is it possible to create a new profile, and then assign it the same profile ID as my corrupt profile so that it may act as a replacement? I figure that in the worst-case scenario, I can manually resign every save from my corrupt profile onto a new one, and then use an achievement unlocker to create a replica of my corrupt profile, but, seeing as how I have been using this same profile since 2005, this is an investment of time that I would rather not make if there is any other conceivable work-around.

Again, any help is much appreciated.

#2 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I had problems with my gamer profile once and it kept corrupting on me in game, The way I got it to work was doing the methods to uncorrupt the profile (Con Flag Remover and rehashing )then play through FSD instead of the MS dashboard, DO NOT look at achievements through the MS dash as it will corrupt the profile again. It took awhile before the profile didn't corrupt on the MS dash maybe after I updated the dash????, try that out and see if it works. I too, put in a lot of work on my profile...

#3 ImDaWiseGuy

ImDaWiseGuy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

if you have a jtag/rgh ..make a backup on your hardrive...and then to or pc whenever you get done using your system thats what i do....atleast that way you only lose a days worth of work

you could also exprofile...maybe if you edit anything in that a save it....otherwise i could only sugest BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

if you dont have a jtag/rgh ...then you might be screwed.....you can use cloud if you have live
ive corrupted my profile before mainly transfering it to a formatted for 360 usb drive...after a couple times i learned to backup

try google it might take some digging but you might get lucky
http://www.google.co... ...p;aqi=&aql=

#4 Si1entButDe4d1y

Si1entButDe4d1y

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

My apologies for neglecting to update this thread for so long. I have been so busy with my studies for the past few weeks that I did not have a chance to work on solving my issue.
Nevertheless, I did manage to create a new profile and import my previous saves and achievements into it using a few programs.
With Modio, I was able to assign the profile ID of a new profile to each of my old game saves. This also gave me a chance to reduce the size of my profile, as I had far too many saves for some games (132 for Fallout 3 alone).
Then, I used Horizon (with a diamond subscription) to manually unlock each achievement that I had on my old profile. This part was very tedious.
My new profile now mirrors my old one (other than the name).
Thank you vicicarus and ImDaWiseGuy for your comments, and I will be sure to create backups of this new profile on a regular basis as per your suggestions.

#5 xbucket

xbucket

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

Slick, I'm glad you were able to get it to work. I'm writing down everything you guys did so I can help a friend out. Hopefully he'll be able to fix his up as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users