X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE(Swizzy @ Mar 7 2012, 08:16 PM) View Post

Actually, if we hide the way we do shit it'll be harder for MS to patch it, how will they patch a hole they don't know how it's beeing exploited? now, sure they can probably figure it out and solve the "problem" the same way hackers do, but if we don't tell them HOW we do things they'll have to figure it out themselves, figuring things out take time... if we give them our knowledge we're supplying them with a shortcut to starting work on closing the hole wink.gif

No I am sorry but thats crap. Im not one to try and start shit, join in any flaming, or be disrespectful but the whole point of the "scene" is to share ALL info and to be OPEN, the complete opposite of M$. besides, when it gets released they will then be able to get the info and and close the hole. Cat and mouse just like always.

I agree with keeping something quiet until its perfected or ready for release but there was no reason for TX to keep this info a secret. These other guys released the new build.py without needing any new hardware in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Now if you remember TX said new hardware would be needed and that NO other hardware would be able to use this "new" method they have. Im sorry but to me that sounds like them just trying to make more money.

I have nothing against TX, if they want to make tools to aid in modding then fine by me. I am just getting to the point where I cant stand the attitude they have anymore, the "Elite" hardware they release and such. There are other hardware devs out there that make products just as good as they do, sorry to break that to any TX fanboys out there but thats just a simple fact and not an opinion. I get some things from TX, some from others.

All this is beside the point though. It just looks to me that TX got upset because these other guys released info that they wanted to keep secret so they could make money off it. I am sorry but that isnt right. That isnt the point of the "scene". Did anybody see gligli, tmbinc, tiros, ect, ect make money off these hacks??? Nope. Just think about that one for a minute. TX isnt the team xecuter I am used too(dont let my join date fool you, been a lurker for many, many years...my wife can vouch for that tongue.gif )

ps: This isnt a bash against TX or anyone else so dont take offence. This is just a different point of view.

#32 guerriero di pace

guerriero di pace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Alice in wonderland,
a great story to tell,
thinking we are all gullible,
This seeks to tell the narrator over TX....

#33 guerriero di pace

guerriero di pace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

quote from TX news:
Also one of our forum members nitramb released a much better 14717/14719 python script than the one released by those Italian guys. Again, none of this is required for the J-Runner app.

So now M$ can close two holes and not only one.....VERY SMART VERY SMART LOLOLOLOL
genius there

#34 Swizzy

Swizzy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(guerriero di pace @ Mar 8 2012, 12:12 PM) View Post

quote from TX news:
So now M$ can close two holes and not only one.....VERY SMART VERY SMART LOLOLOLOL
genius there

it's the same as the one the italians released, just coded in a better way...

#35 guerriero di pace

guerriero di pace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Swizzy @ Mar 8 2012, 01:05 PM) View Post

it's the same as the one the italians released, just coded in a better way...

TX do always better I know....but you understand what I mean wink.gif
so they copied the italians code....nice to hear that isn't original work

#36 Swizzy

Swizzy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(guerriero di pace @ Mar 8 2012, 01:15 PM) View Post

TX do always better I know....but you understand what I mean wink.gif
so they copied the italians code....nice to hear that isn't original work

Your quote has nothing to do with TX, it's from Nitram, not TX... and the italians didn't create the patch themselves etheir, all they did was grab patches from xeBuild and put it in the build.py script...

#37 guerriero di pace

guerriero di pace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(Swizzy @ Mar 8 2012, 01:36 PM) View Post

Your quote has nothing to do with TX, it's from Nitram, not TX... and the italians didn't create the patch themselves etheir, all they did was grab patches from xeBuild and put it in the build.py script...

1) tx website haven't posted italian patch, why later they posted nitram patch? because looks better coded but works at same time?
2)everyone can understand that:
-or the hack is the same so nitram copied the italian hack, rewritten like at school in good copy
-or works different, so he gaved M$ more info for future patching and TX helped publishing it?

I think everyone can think on his head and get an idea

Edited by guerriero di pace, 08 March 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#38 MARCHISIO80

MARCHISIO80

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Swizzy @ Mar 8 2012, 01:36 PM) View Post

.. and the italians didn't create the patch themselves etheir, all they did was grab patches from xeBuild and put it in the build.py script...

Sorry, but it does not seem right.
Compare the patch we've added the patch to the original build.py (GliGli and Tiros)

Congratulations to Nitramb as it should be

we are only the first who completed and issued the new build.py
certainly not the first to have completed smile.gif

Edited by MARCHISIO80, 08 March 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#39 guerriero di pace

guerriero di pace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

someone is elegant for coding .... someone else is elegant in real life

#40 Swizzy

Swizzy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(MARCHISIO80 @ Mar 8 2012, 02:15 PM) View Post

Sorry, but it does not seem right.
Compare the patch we've added the patch to the original build.py (GliGli and Tiros)
Congratulations to Nitramb as it should be
we are only the first who issued the new build.py
certainly not the first to have completed smile.gif

I know there is a difference in the patches, but what i meant is that when 14717 was released with xeBuild patches it also uses the same patchset for this... to fix dualbooting

QUOTE(guerriero di pace @ Mar 8 2012, 01:46 PM) View Post

1) tx website haven't posted italian patch, why later they posted nitram patch? because looks better coded but works at same time?
2)everyone can understand that:
-or the hack is the same so nitram copied the italian hack, rewritten like at school in good copy
-or works different, so he gaved M$ more info for future patching and TX helped publishing it?

I think everyone can think on his head and get an idea

Why would they post a script/patch that says "F*CK YOU TX!"? that's frikking idiotic...

yeah, it has been rewritten, just like most other apps, they have the same function, different ways of coding, the patch may be the same, but the way it's applied can be different that means that it can work better with the method used by nitram for example, but it doesn't mean nitram give more information to MS on how the patch works as the patch itself is the same

#41 guerriero di pace

guerriero di pace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(Swizzy @ Mar 8 2012, 02:53 PM) View Post

yeah, it has been rewritten, just like most other apps, they have the same function, different ways of coding, the patch may be the same, but the way it's applied can be different that means that it can work better with the method used by nitram for example, but it doesn't mean nitram give more information to MS on how the patch works as the patch itself is the same

ok I hope next time they release OPEN and rewritable, and not COPY others work and became not rewritable, without waiting others push them to be open.
If they use only them original work NO ONE have to remark. But isn't....
You are talking around the problem,like old italian politics man XD
say all for say nothing wink.gif

@Swizzy I aprreciate you are here discussing,others stay in castle ...banning and deleting

Edited by guerriero di pace, 08 March 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#42 vola

vola

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

I know there is a difference in the patches, but what i meant is that when 14717 was released with xeBuild patches it also uses the same patchset for this... to fix dualbooting

Yes we know that patch was in xebuild, maybe this patch it's better and can work also in the future (who knows), but we choose to patch just the boot sequence just to do something different with the same result.

The nitram script may be coded in a better way, more reusable code... and more parameter to pass at the script... but the patching method is the same and produces the same results.
There's is not a better patch than another, if the console boot it has done the job, you get your cpu key, stop.

I want to remember everyone that the patching trick used WAS ALREADY IN THE SCRIPT SINCE THE FIRST RELEASE OF RGH, we only use this to patch all the CB instead of only 3 patches.
If M$ want to patch they can do it in every moment, hiding the system in a a .exe will no stop them to look inside an ecc file...

But maybe TX has a new hack, for new CBs with a new chip to sell.... and then we have broken their plans...

#43 pudink

pudink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

Hey guys,can someone please tell me if there is a reference number to buy the 50 ohm cable.I mean like 345GH/u cable.

Can somebody tell me the number of the 50 ohm cable so that I will ask my retailer here

#44 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(pudink @ Mar 9 2012, 12:47 AM) View Post

Hey guys,can someone please tell me if there is a reference number to buy the 50 ohm cable.I mean like 345GH/u cable.

Can somebody tell me the number of the 50 ohm cable so that I will ask my retailer here

double-shielded coaxial 50-ohm RF cabling with low-loss/impedance.
pick one. pick a few. hope for good results.

no idea why its to be double-shielded if your not even going to use the shield (xenon install). Then again I don't know why we should use a 50 ohm RF cable on a low-voltage DC signal...

From the sounds of this thread people are losing touch with the issue at hand here. progressing. It don't matter who released it - they did when they didn't have to
We have seen before that TX hides very simple method (pogo mo thoin, DG4S MXIC, etc) to push their commercial shit. We also know the 360 stuff so far was all figured out publicly by someone else, to have it spiffed up and sold by TX. IMO this fusion kernel should have released with their NAND-X like 4 years ago. more money designing replacement PCB and X360USB tho

Edited by ruciz, 09 March 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#45 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

TX hid Pog Mo Thoin?

Really?

TX Released it publically for free THEN released their commercial product.....

The x360usb was intended to be the first usb2sata device for flashing all 360 drives including MTK Based drives.

It would have been, too, but Maximus also designed one at the same time (seriously a freak coincidence) - Maximus released his first but it's still only ~70% as advertised.

That still, they took one of the most popular I/O devices and ported it to the 360. Hardly a waste of effort was it? Anyone can now mod using a laptop (and I do, daily)

The replacement PCB was a means to an end, it worked, it was all anyone had, would you rather have nothing?

TBH, Geremia produced a fantastic but lethal hack. The measurements are great but not 100% for all drives, kill it, what can you use as a backup? That very same PCB.

I'm hardly Xecuters flavour of the month for the past 12 months but if I see someone talking shit I have to correct it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users