X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've been out of the modding scene for a while.

My friend gave let me have a xbox 360 he was working on. The dvd drive for the xbox360 was dead, so he replaced it like it was a pc dvd drive (smh). Then threw the original dvd drive in the trash. So i have no way of getting the original key. My question is> If I JTAG this 360 will I be able to use a new dvd drive w/o a key?

Thanks

#2 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

depending on the current dashboard revision, you can either jtag (dash<=7371 with a vulnerable 2bl) or glitch (all others) the console.

once glitched, you will have your dvdkey in hand (among other things).

to read games, however, your drive /*must*/ be paired to the console -- meaning: you'll need to flash the drive with either OFW or CFW with the dvdkey spoofed into it.

#3 hitsndc202

hitsndc202

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(boflc @ Mar 7 2012, 05:05 PM) View Post

depending on the current dashboard revision, you can either jtag (dash<=7371 with a vulnerable 2bl) or glitch (all others) the console.

once glitched, you will have your dvdkey in hand (among other things).

to read games, however, your drive /*must*/ be paired to the console -- meaning: you'll need to flash the drive with either OFW or CFW with the dvdkey spoofed into it.

Hmmm, does glitching require me to buy some equipment? I will do my research. One thing I would like to know is where can I buy the100hm resisters and switching diodes?
Thank you man, i really appreciate your post.

Thanks!

#4 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(hitsndc202 @ Mar 8 2012, 03:26 AM) View Post

Hmmm, does glitching require me to buy some equipment? I will do my research. One thing I would like to know is where can I buy the100hm resisters and switching diodes?
Thank you man, i really appreciate your post.

Thanks!

It certainly does and you'll need some fine soldering skills as well.

#5 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Glitching requires some devices like a xilinx xc2c64a coolrunner2. And, usually a modchip form is required if you don't want to fiddle with diffeent resistors and capacitors. It usually take the think out of wirng it also, becasue there are diagrams from the various modchip makers.

You need to have a nand reader/writer. They usually come in two flavors, Maximus 360 nandflasher or Team Xecuter Nand-x. both of these are good for reprogramming the xc2c64a cplds too. Because the coolrunners require to be reprogrammed once in a while as microsoft throws curve balls at us once in a while. You can also use PIC based dumpers 18F2455 USB as well. But it's a little slower because hardware is limitation.

If you have done some fine soldering in the past as a requirement would be nice. Too easy to lift pads and traces. especially with fat soldering irons. and inexperience with "modding process" in general. I guess people get flustered by it.

#6 hargabyte

hargabyte

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

frankly decide of you want to mod several xbox or just this one. if its just this one you want then just search craigslist for someone to do it for you. jtag's are cheap like 35-40. glitch hacks are usually 60-70 depending on if its a slim or phat. with slim being more expensive. once its hacked just ask for the dvd key. make sure to get all the other keys as well. from there you can just flash the dvd key into any xbox drive with the official firmware or LT 3.0.

If are going to mod several others then look at buying a nand-x and some coolrunners. quick solder boards are a few dollars extra but are worth it if you can afford them. nand x will run you 40 and a coolrunner with quick solder boards will cost 20 or so. Ohh and make sure to get the usb update cable so you can plug your nand-x in and update it without a ck3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users