• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LOBO1K

LOBO1K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hi i installed the wasabi ultra in my xbox 360 slim 4 gig, ofw lite on DG-16D4S FW 0225
I check all the connections {so many times}
put the wasabi files on hd {tried a 1tb and a 500gig hd external}
Put the wasabi on pass through and held the select button
As soon as I powered the Slim on i got a quick green flash and then a red light no blinking at all
No error code and a black screen just the red dot on the slim

I even tried different sata cables, other hard drives, took the wasabi apart just to make sure everything was OK

I uninstalled the wasabi and put everything back to stock and still i get the red dot {i put in a slim hard drive and no luck, heard they come lose}

Any help would be great

PS I've never had a problem with the slim it was working great before I installed the wasabi.

#2 hellslave

hellslave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

I think youre actually supposed to hold down left on the wasabi dpad instead.

#3 LOBO1K

LOBO1K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Tried and no luck but thanks

Edited by LOBO1K, 08 March 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#4 CoaterCup

CoaterCup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

Well a few potential problems I came across during the Wasabi installation(it is also specified in the installation guide) which I can share:
1) Format HDD with NTFS with 4KB clusters (others will not work), even though you have copied files to the HDD but Wasabi will not recognize. So if initially when you hold the select button on Wasabi, powered on with red light, it would probably be your Wasabi firmware upgrade failed mainly due to HDD cannot be read.
2) The replacement power cable from Wasabi is very misleading, the picture shown on the guide does not show clearly as well. Since the 2 ends of the connector(from mainboard to disc drive) is identical. Just make sure that the connector with the 2 loose cables (to be connected to the Wasabi) goes to the disc drive

I am guessing that the Wasabi can upgrade firmware successfully without the working condition of the Xbox since it just needs to 'borrow' power from the Xbox.

However I have not come across the red dot you mentioned so unable to help much without more information.

#5 LOBO1K

LOBO1K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for the info but still no luck the wasabi just lights up green for a second then no lights on at all on the wasabi , just the red dot on the slim
same thing as when i 1st installed the wasabi ultra. I talked to Wasabi tech and all they said it s MS hardware failure.

But like i said before the system ran great until i installed the wasabi
I can't even flash the wasabi, never could from the get go.

#6 CoaterCup

CoaterCup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Well since you are on OFW, no harm trying a USB update with stock setup. Might get you out of red dot thingy...

One more thing, while cutting the hole for the cable to go through I realized small metal filings can land on the mainboard easily (definitely not good). Therefore I used my trusty fine brush to clean the mainboard before I powered up the console.

#7 CoaterCup

CoaterCup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Just thought of something. I have not checked this but I think if the power connector is plugged in the opposite way during testing (without the plastic case), the console may be damaged since the power pin outs are different.
I remembered this as I did the same to test out the Wasabi before putting back the case but took precaution to triple checked the connection before plugging in.

#8 darkobab

darkobab

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

I ran into the same problem when I was trying to flash the firmware to the Wasabi360. The instructions in the Wasabi 360 Ultra User Guide v1.2 are incorrect. It is not supposed to be in Passthrough mode to do this. It has to be in emulation mode. I did mine in emulation mode and the flash was successful. After that I was able to extract the drive key and everything else worked.

#9 darkobab

darkobab

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I emailed Wasabi Support about the problem.

#10 jkd37

jkd37

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Check your power cable connection on the main board, same thing happened to me and when I open the box up again I noticed the power cable was sitting out of it's connector a little bit due to a little streching of the short cables supplied with the wasabi.
After reconnecting the power lead and putting the box back together the wasabi has never let me down yet and I think is a great product.

We have to wait and see what happens when M$ releases a dash update that plugs their menu hole !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users