ButtersB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Having problems with Black Ops on an RGH system. (14719 kernel) Am using a retail disc, and tried to transfer my zombies DLC from my online box, but it didn't show up on the list. Read that it required a title update, so first tried copying the update from my online box, but it didn't work on the RGH box, all it does is refuse to load, I can hear the disc spinning a bit, the screen increases brightness for a second (from black to almost black), and then repeats indefinitely.

If I sign out of the logged in profile, it stops the loop, and tries to load, but then gives an error:

Error during initialization: Microsoft error 1627 building storage path to the file called dvarwhitelist.txt.

If I press A it continues, but the dlc isn't showing up, so I assume the TU isn't loading properly. If i'm not signed in at all before I start the game loading, it appears to load fine, but no, DLC, and when I try to sign in, it crashes out with the 1627 error again.

I've tried as both a disc, and an installed NXE2GOD container, both with the same result.

I've tried using freestyle dash to find the updates, which it does, but any I apply causes it to crash on loading. If I remove all TUs, it works fine, but no DLC. I've used FSD to find updates for other games sucessfully.

Any ideas?

Edit: Also tried using 360 Content Manager, which didn't help, and checked that the media ID of the game and the Title Update matched, which they do (0AEB2159)

Thanks,
James

Edited by ButtersB, 09 March 2012 - 03:07 AM.

#2 RRoD420

RRoD420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

I am having this EXACT same problem! Did you figure this out yet? I did the same tests you did thinking maybe its the TU but the game works fine until i sign in. I'm noticing that in my profile folder in 41560855 when I ftp into it there is an item called local disk that i CANT delete! Seems like corruption in the profile but when I create a new profile it still doesnt work! This started after I updated to the new dash, I may downgrade if I can't figure it out.

#3 RRoD420

RRoD420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(RRoD420 @ Sep 8 2012, 03:04 PM) View Post
I am having this EXACT same problem! Did you figure this out yet? I did the same tests you did thinking maybe its the TU but the game works fine until i sign in. I'm noticing that in my profile folder in 41560855 when I ftp into it there is an item called local disk that i CANT delete! Seems like corruption in the profile but when I create a new profile it still doesnt work! This started after I updated to the new dash, I may downgrade if I can't figure it out.

UPDATE for anyone else with this problem:
I was using FileZilla for ftp and noticed it was creating a 'local disk' type file that couldn't be deleted! this was in fact corrupting my folders because I formatted and switched to Flashfxp again and the issue is resolved. DO NOT USE FileZilla for ftp'ing to freestyle dash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users