3 replies to this topic

#1 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hey everyone I ran into some issues on the xbox I got it has no power to it at all I've tried 3 different power bricks and I've switched out the rol boards and triedx powering it via the controller but no luck now I'm confused I've read to check the standby voltages with a multimeter can anyone eleborate on how to do that I've got a multimeter just don't know what to test any help would he great

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(lilronney @ Mar 9 2012, 10:00 AM) View Post

Hey everyone I ran into some issues on the xbox I got it has no power to it at all I've tried 3 different power bricks and I've switched out the rol boards and triedx powering it via the controller but no luck now I'm confused I've read to check the standby voltages with a multimeter can anyone eleborate on how to do that I've got a multimeter just don't know what to test any help would he great

OOpppssss.... the most troubling problem of xboxes... you have got fried MOSFETs and maybe some Power Regulators on the board... Which revision board is it?

#3 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm not exactly sure I'm not at home now but I think it's a falcon or maybe a jasper

#4 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

hey ... looking to help you with this too

Your power brick - is it OK ?

Don't have much time for explanations right now. Will develop reason later

Things to check: look for bulged Caps, check your standby voltage, could have a dead Mosfet , could have a Power reg that is dying

Check your USB ports for damage. Bent pins won't allow it to power up. Check the solder connections on the power port.

Mosfets - may look alright to the eye. But have to be removed and tested to see if they still work.

Look around for missing components.

And lastly, sometimes the Southbridge chip can play into this. Reflow or reball could correct it. But that is a very last step. The areas mentioned above are more right on the money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users