schnappy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi,
I'm following this well written guide:
http://www.biline.ca/xbox_mod.htm

However what I'm not sure of is what BIOS to flash. I've got a 1.4, so I've read I need a 256k rom and not a 1MB one. There's so much information floating around, it being 2012 a lot of it is outdated other info being on domains that are no longer being used...

Can someone please help? Not after anything fancy, just want to be able to run AID without dicking about with softmods.

Thanks

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

the easiest way to flash a tsop IMO is to just use hexen and tell it to flash the tsop.
of course you have to be softmodded 1st so that the hexen disk will boot.
but hexen has a few bios's on the disk already.
i would use the M8 or IND bios personaly. had some issues with LBA48 support using the x2

if you arent sure about the bios size, hexen will also expand the smaller 256k bios's sojust pick that option.

All you need to do then is.
Solder up the tsop points.
Boot your softmodded xbox with hexen in the drive "heimdalls xbox engineering disk"
find the tsop tools.
select flash tsop " winbond or non winbod. look at your tsop chip to figure out what you have"
Chose one of the non 1.6 bioses "256k" And let it flash the chip for you.

you can always just use the 256k M8 or ind bios from the hexen disk and flash any way you prefer. "like in the tutorial you posted" so no need to softmod 1st. although your most of the way through softmodding if you follow the tutorial you posted any way.

just as a question of interest..
why do you want to use aid?

p.s

i just had a look at the tutorial you posted and i dont think that URL can be allowed on the page as it links to a file that contains original/modified xbox files.
We arent allowed to link to these things here.

Edited by shambles1980, 10 March 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#3 schnappy

schnappy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thanks
Wanting to use AID because most places refer to it as the most up to date auto installer, and if dates are anything to go by then it indeed is.

Sorry, I would remove the link but there's no edit button?

Thanks

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Im prety sure SID and Hexen are more up to date than AID..
SPPV says he updated SID Installer a little while back, And i know Hexen is what i use.

but whatever you decide to do should be fine once your bios is flashed.

#5 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

All so called installer discs for the xbox are outdated, just use hexen as above to flash the tsop which will be a winbond since its a V1.4 , install any dashboard so that you have ftp access then just copy across the latest version of XBMC. No other dash has been updated since 2005 or there abouts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users