3 replies to this topic

#1 W3bD3vil

W3bD3vil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys,

I am looking for some assistance for a personal/academic project. I want to examine a comparison between the Xbox 360 Original Firmware and the initial Xtreme 1.0 hacked firmware. Im running IDA Pro 5.5 and think I have successfully disassembled the Hitachi firmware using MN103 processor and some settings from around the web.

My question is, long ago there was a post comparing the two firmwares, the links in the post are dead since it was in 2006. Basically I want to compare the two firmwares but have no idea how to do so, it is a steep learning curve but an interesting one no less.

Can anyone provide me with any help at all? be it in IDA Pro or through any other means of comparing the firmwares?

Thanks guys.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Here's a link to the Xbins release info. There's not a direct comparison, but it details what's in the firmware. It's a bit of a start for now.

#3 W3bD3vil

W3bD3vil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Thanks Aldanga smile.gif

#4 W3bD3vil

W3bD3vil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Can anyone tell me if I am heading in the right direction? Im not sure what to expect but does this look right so far? --------------> IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users