Photo

Xbox V1.1 Us Power Supply - Can I Use A Us Psu With My Pal Xbox?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leprekaun

Leprekaun

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hi all. I've been getting error 07 codes with my Xbox. I've replaced the HDD but I still get it. I know that its power related because if I reconnect the power cable to my HDD, the xbox works for a while but then I get the error again so this leads me to believe there is something wrong with the power cable or the PSU itself. So after doing some research, I've found out that my xbox is v1.1 and I've found different PSUs for it. The thing is though, I trust Llamma.com the most because they seem to know their consoles very well so I'd like to get the PSU from them but the PSUs listed there are US PSUs so my question is, would a US v1.0-v1.1 PSU work with my PAL xbox? Thanks.

#2 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

As far as I know, there are no regional differences with the power supplies. You just have to make sure that it's the right version.

#3 MrMajst3r

MrMajst3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

I suggest to look at molex (HDD) connector, probably it's broken. You can replace it with another one from on example old computer's PSU.

#4 Leprekaun

Leprekaun

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Thanks guys. I would get a molex connector if I could (would rather avoid taking it from a PSU due to potential electric shock) but after I took out the PSU board, I found that the HDD molex connector seems to be soldered to the board. I don't have any experience in soldering so that is why I felt like avoiding getting a cable. I may still consider doing that though as I know someone (electrical/computer engineer) who is very familiar with soldering to do it, unless I'm missing something and the power connector can be taken off the board without soldering?

#5 Leprekaun

Leprekaun

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Ok, I got a message back from Llamma.com about the US PSU. The guy there said that it is compatible with my motherboard so it should work but he also said that PAL region xboxes typically use 220v, not 110v so would this PSU still work or would I risk damaging my xbox if I used a lower voltage PSU? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users