• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blahkamehameha

blahkamehameha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

Been trying to use the HeXEn dvd to upgrade my hdd.

Get through the entire process (lock hd, backup eeprom) then get the message to remove Hexen dvd and turn off/turn back on xbox. But I get an error 5 screen.

Tried it with my hdd both in master and cable select positions. Using an external power source for the new HDD, but that shouldn't cause the error 5 screen i don't think.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? The new HDD I'm using is supposed to be lockable, it was voted the most lockable drive on the list.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

I suspect that it's not lockable, as you've tried it with xboxhdm and HeXEn.

What is the history of the disk? Is it a new disk, have you reflashed the firmware on the disk at any point?

#3 blahkamehameha

blahkamehameha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Possibly, not sure. I tried the xboxhdm/pc route first time, but it wouldn't lock. Tried the HeXen route today, both in Master and cable select positions.

The drive is Seagate ST3200822A. Why would everyone else with the same drive be able to lock theirs but not mine?

When I selected to lock the drive on the end menu, it took a few seconds then said "done". backed up eeprom, ejected hexen dvd, turned off power to xbox. left external power on to new hdd. then turned xbox back on, to get error 5 screen.

What does the HDD need to be on during the hexen/lxhdm creation process, and then after it is created, or does that even matter?

Edited by blahkamehameha, 14 March 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

Not sure about what? The disk definitely isn't locking, regardless of HeXEn (Evox) telling you it's done - that's why you're getting Error 5.

Yours may not be lockable because it has a different firmware revision.

#5 blahkamehameha

blahkamehameha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

Firmware is 3.01.

I haven't messed with the firmware. I bought the hard drive off ebay in refurbished condition. Do you have any troubleshooting tips I can do, I'd like to avoid have to sell it unless I have to.

But if not, can you link me to a hard drive (preferably 200GB) that you know 100% will lock?

Ok, so i went on xboxdrives-xpec.com, and you must be right about this drive not being able to be locked. under most of the "No's", the submitters included firmware 3.01. so that must be the trouble firmware version.

Again, if you could link me to one you know for sure works on ebay or something I'd be grateful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users