• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mygoodself

mygoodself

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

Hi to everybody im new here but have been using your advice for a while,thank y'all. I'd like a bit of tech knowledge just out of curiosity. I bought a rrod 360 off ebay with a hope to fix it, But couldnt so i needed to unlock the drive for a spare.

Its a hitachi GDR-3120L. Unfortunatly i plugged the damn thing in the wrong way round (doh) which killed the drive. Opened it up and couldnt see any burnt caps or components. So got my multimeter out and tried to find the part on the pcb that had gone. When i was touching the pins under the power plug i accidentally shorted the two pins 2nd in from the right above and below each other....Bam the drives laser moved and i somehow kickstarted it back to life.
Sorry this is long winded, Just wondered what i actualy did cos it was a great fluke fix..

Also the same box, The rf died and i couldnt get a secondry code because it powered but no lights so i heated the chip at the back with a heatpen ( gas soldering iron without a tip,had succes in the past doing that to a mosfet believe it or not)....Like i say im just curious....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users