• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 imnadid

imnadid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

Got an box from my sister and from what she said, it had been flashed at one point. From what I have found thus far I have determined I have a Hitachi-LG drive and dashboard 2.0.9199.0. I have no idea if it has banned or not, but would like to get it back to original. I remember reading somewhere that the new dashboard does overwrite some drive's firmware, but can't seem to find that post. I don't really want to spend $ getting it stock then find out it's banned when I can just buy a used one that I know works. USB upgrade fix the issue?

#2 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

no.

phat hitachi's are not reflashed to retail with the new dashboard update; only the benq and liteon's. however, the hitachi retail FW's are available from the usual places. in order to restore to retail, you will need the console's dvd key, or you will have to dump the dvd key, so that you can spoof the retail FW with the proper dvd key before attempting to flash your hitachi with it.

if you flash before spoofing, out of order, you will have to RGH it to get the dvd key back.

#3 crazygoldfish

crazygoldfish

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

If it's a hitachi 37 to 57 it is un effected.

If it's 78 to 79 Then there was a dash rev last year that re wrote drive firmware, however I believe tha doesn't happen with the latest dash.

#4 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

i am pretty sure that 9199 is from fall 2010 or earlier so if that is true, OP will have to research which model drive is in the console and, if he has the correct model, which update will dashboard update his drive. pop.gif

#5 imnadid

imnadid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Guess I'll be opening it up tonight to find out what I have.

#6 imnadid

imnadid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

Appears to be a Hitachi 47....

#7 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

that drive will remain flashed no matter how you update the dashboard... see my first reply.

fyi, it is possible to retrieve that hitachi dvd key from just about sata adapter so all you need is a good tutorial for hacking the drive and then, instead of spoofing a hacked FW for flashing to the drive, spoof the retail FW and flash that to the drive.

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 15 March 2012 - 05:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users