7 replies to this topic

#1 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

I came to find out what program is best for updating a JTAG to 14719? Is it easyfreeboot? or Bestpig?

#2 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Well I used 360 Multi Builder to build an updated updflash.bin out of my old nand. Updated it and everything seemed ok. Told me to take the USB out and power cycle. Now it wont boot anything. Not even Xell.
Is there a way to get Xell back on the xbox without soldering?

#3 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

So Im pretty screwed huh?
Dont have my old LPT cable. And dont have the old computer with a printer port. So whats the cheapest way to get it back? NAND-X?

#4 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Im not getting any error lights. But I CANNOT get xellous to boot. I have even tried putting it on the USB stick that I normally use. Nothing works.
So I must have had a bad flash?
Whats the cheapest way for me to get xellous back on it so I can flash it with a good 14719?

#5 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

there is nothing for it and if you have no wires already soldered into the mobo right now, you are basically back to square one...

if you have a backup of the original files you flashed to the nand, that will make it easier to restore to that point. obviously, the updflash you used to update has a problem to get rid of that and start over. i am not sure which is the best solution for creating the updates files because they all work the same(basically).

watch a youtube video and read the tutorials before you start over. if you did earlier, do it 2-3 times this time.

the cheapest way is probably whichever way you did it last time. you need a programmer and a cable to connect the nand to your pc. when i wanted the lowest priced device, i bought something from china and had to wait a few weeks. when i wanted a better device, i went into the bst section here and purchsed something previously used.

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 15 March 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#6 crazygoldfish

crazygoldfish

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

Jtagging or rgh isn't for an inexperienced modder.

I would pay someone to fix it for you.... Plenty of people on here will help fix for cash.

#7 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

well the last time I had any problem I still had my LPT/Printer cable all made up and I still had my old crappy computer with printer port. Thats not an option for me. So can i buy a NandX and basically do the same thing? Allowing me to reprogram or reflash the thing?

#8 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

The thing is, Im not an inexperienced modder. But then again I dont do them for cash so I only really ever work on my own boxes.
Ive been updating 2 JTAGS I have for probably 2 years now . It seems like every time I find out about a new system update, there seems to be a new and better tool for creating your new NAND. Sees like one of them "bestpig" I think are always on the verge of discontinuing so I never know what tool is the best to make a new NAND.
Im thinking that Im gonna have to buy a NAND-x to re-flash. One time I had some trouble with a flash on one of my JTAGS but I still had Xellous that I could boot to. This time tho I CANNOT boot to xellous so I must have overwritten that part too.
Long story short, Im gonna need the NAND-x so I can get in and re-program or re-flash it because like I have said I dont have the LPT cable I used initially and I also dont have the old arse computer with a old style printer port anyway. Once I get Xellous on I can at least try to flash it again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users