#1 xenomorpher

xenomorpher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Sorry if this is too long, I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible rather than being too vague. I've also searched the internet the past couple of days and found no answers.

For the past few days I've been trying to figure out why every game I try to play any backup and original game, the Unreadable Disc Error pops up. I bought a replacement Samsung MS25 last year after a bad flash bricked my original Samsung MS25 and tried to flash it with Jungleflasher, not sure what version, with the right key and would only play movies. I thought it wasn't flashing right maybe because of the older computer I was using, a Gateway from 2000, despite Jungleflasher displayed no error messages.

After that I packed it up and recently decided to try it for the heck of it. I put in a back up of Black Ops, worked perfectly fine on my original drive that had ix 1.61 firmware on it, and it showed up and played it. I put in a back up of Crysis 2 and said it needed to update the dash since I have not been on LIVE for about a year and a half. Dumb move on my part and went through with it. I managed to reflash the drive so it can get to the dashboard after the update, and then flashed the drive back to stock and updated the dashboard to 14719 with a USB drive which is where I am now.

I've tried to flash my drive to lt + 2.01, Stock, and LT 1.0 for the heck of it and as mentioned above, but get the Unreadable Disc error. I've flashed it with JungleFlasher 0.1.92 on two different older computers without any errors. The backups burned on Verbatims and the originals I've tried worked before on my original drive. The only game I can get to work is Fallout New Vegas and that's because I installed it on my hard drive when I was using my original when it worked. Sometimes Crysis goes to the main menu, but will freeze when I try to start a new game. I've tried all my originals and couldn't get any of them to run. It will not go pass 0% when the Unreadable Disc error pops up when I try to install any game.

So I honestly don't know what else to do. The games show up when I'm at the main dashboard, I just get the message when I try to play them so I thought it might be a firmware issue but Jungleflasher gives me no error messages either. It plays DVD movies fine without any issues so I didn't think it's the laser. A pot tweak occurred to me but I don't have the equipment. I tried putting the PCB of the new drive into the original drive, but no games would show up on the dash so I think the laser is shot on my old drive. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

#2 KILLorBE

KILLorBE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

It's pretty much impossible to brick a Samsung drive, maybe try 360 Modification USB Drive by FrostyTheSnowman or some other DOS based tools to unbrick your old drive.

Did you spoof the drive as a MS25?
Flash it as a MS28 drive (Manually copy the key), as of the 13146 update MS25 drives became MS28 drives.

#3 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

you can always recover a sammy using the pmt hack, info is in the jf tut.
http://jungleflasher...ngleFlasher.pdf

#4 xenomorpher

xenomorpher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(KILLorBE @ Mar 19 2012, 07:02 AM) View Post

Did you spoof the drive as a MS25?
Flash it as a MS28 drive (Manually copy the key), as of the 13146 update MS25 drives became MS28 drives.

I tried that and my backup of Crysis 2 was able to be copied to the hard drive and tried out the first are and worked fine. I tried to play Duke Nukem Forever from the disc and it froze during a loading screen when I tried to start a new game. I tried to copy it to the hard drive, had to delete Crysis 2 install, and gave me the dirty disc. I tried to copy Borderlands, Turok, Dead Space 2, Dead Rising 2, they worked flawlessly with ix 1.61, and Crysis 2 again to my hard drive and now acts like how it did before, giving the dirty disc error.

#5 xenomorpher

xenomorpher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

OK so I realized I should try the PCB from the new drive in the old one since I flashed it as a MS28 drive. I was able to install Crysis 2 to the hard drive and play through the entire first area of Duke Nukem Forever without issue, the second area had a weird graphics glitch but I know the game itself had issues, from the disc as well as Turok. So it seems like everything works. Thank you KILLorBE, I probably would have given up. I'll keep that guide in mind iateshaggy if something happens to my drive.

Edited by xenomorpher, 22 March 2012 - 03:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users