#1 joh123

joh123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hi,
I have an RGH console running on FSD 2.275 & dashboard 14719. The thing is that in the morning I fixed the regular no-avatars issue by updating with the official 14719 from a USB flashdrive. Had to rename the folder into $$ystemupdate because I had Dashlaunch 2.29 installed. It worked like a charm and I created myself an avatar. Then I updated my Dashlaunch to 2.32. In launch.ini I only added 'fakelive = true', nothing else. A few hours later I tried to create an avatar for my girlfriend but couldn't. It would always get stuck at the Avatar Editor loading screen. Tried to reboot, different users etc etc, but it still got stuck. Then I thought maybe I should try to do the 14719 update again. Put the update to the USB flashdrive, renamed it to $$ystemupdate, plugged the flashdrive in and rebooted my console. Nothing happens - it doesn't prompt me with an update, nor can I open Avatar Editor.

What's the case?! Could it be related to my Dashlaunch update?

If anyone has any ideas, pleeaase, share them.

Thanks in advance,
joh123

#2 joh123

joh123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Tried to rename the folder back to Systemupdate - still nothing. Also some troubles started with my Forza Motosport 4 profiles. With my main profile, the game said that the profile has been tampered with (had to create a new savegame). And when I try to play splitscreen, it says that other profiles do not exist or something like that. I sign in with controller 2, but the game starts throwing errors and insists the profiles don't work and I should delete them from the dashboard. It might not be related at all to my other post, but happened on the same time..

#3 joh123

joh123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Even completely new profiles say the same in Forza splitscreen .. Profile not available anymore, please delete from dashboard.. :S

And heck, where can I edit my old posts instead of posting a monologue..

#4 joh123

joh123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

I really am sincerely sorry but I can't find an EDIT button anywhere. Please don't ban me but I wanted to let you know that after reinstalling Dashlaunch 2.31, I can get to edit my avatars again! Also, the same happened to my Forza profile again.. I'm thinking that maybe it was the "fakelive = true" that had something to do in this.. I should've tried to change that first, but now when everything is working again, I think I won't try Dashlaunch 2.32 with fakelive=false..

At least maybe someone can find this thread useful..

#5 super_copy

super_copy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

joh123:

Thank you very much for posting your "monologue", it solved my problem as well:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=574366

So yes, "fakelive=true" on Dash Launch 2.32 was the culprit of both:
- Not being able to edit,modify,create avatars
- Some games not loading profiles or refusing to start (even if you are not trying to start a multi-player game)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users