• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 monogoat

monogoat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have a quick question, can't seem to find a definate answer.

I have an older 360 with a bad drive (not a liteon), and found an Elite (fat) on craigslist with red ring.

If I don't need the drive key on the liteon, do I need to do anything special to flash it? I want to just dump the key from my bad drive, then just flash that key onto the newer drive.

Would this work with any of the drives found in the elite, all of them or none of them?

#2 snake3

snake3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

what drive is in your console and what exactly is wrong with it

#3 monogoat

monogoat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Not sure which drive it is off the top of my head, I'll check when I get it plugged back in. The drive immediately kicks back open if I try to insert any disc.

#4 SScorpio

SScorpio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

There are issues with AP 2.5 and XGD3 not working spoofed drivers, but this is when a LiteOn which supports AP 2.5 as the dead drive and something like a Hitachi that doesn't support the check is used as the replacement. I haven't heard about this the other way around. Spoofed drives aren't considered Live safe, if you are just playing offline this might work, or you could just RGH and not need a DVD drive any longer.

#5 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Buying a rrod console isn't the best idea.

#6 monogoat

monogoat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Live isn't a concern. I have been leaning toward doing the rgh since this is in my kids room, and I don't trust him with discs, but figured this might be a good solution in the mean time. Right now he is just playing some free demos I put on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users