• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LokiBomb

LokiBomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

Hi ppl! wow am i ever happy i have found this forum as i have just been gifted with a modified xbox from my buddy and well...i dont know JACK about it...now its already gots lots of games and stuff installed on and thats cool and all but what i REALLY want is to get something called xmugen to work...im sure some of you will know what that is...only problem is i literaly know NOTHING about how to do this nor so i know anything about the xbox and what its loaded with all i know is it says EvolutionX when i turn it on?

I have read some of the guides on how to install xmugen and im confident i can figure out the ftp part, but when says stuff like add "fileA" to root of E and add a link to the dashboard all i can think is blink.gif

I would REALLY love some help and pointed on how to figure this stuff out just so i know what im working with as i know it will greatly increase my chances of gettin it up and running.

Thanks alot for reading!

#2 LokiBomb

LokiBomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

...so far i have successfully ftp'd the files over to the F: drive and placed the bzimage & irdloop in the E: the game shows up as XMUGEN in the game menu but when i try to load it the xbox just freezes..i have read a couple things that said i need to copy the default.xbe and link it to my dashboard but i honestly dont know how to do that OR where to even put the default.xbe so it doesnt interfere with the other one already there....lol i know i probably sound like a TOTAL NOOB but well...thats cuz i am!

any help would rock ppl!

#3 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Just leave the folder as is after you download/extract it. The .xbe should already be in your xmugen folder, and if it shows up in the menu already you're good to go. Just double check that it's in the folder.

#4 LokiBomb

LokiBomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Thank you for the reply!

I checked and yes the default.xbe is in the folder when i extract it and it does show up in the menu BUT the system freezes when i try to run it.

Any ideas on things i can try to make it work?

#5 LokiBomb

LokiBomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

UPDATE: I tryed installing a different version of xmugen and once installed the game shows up in the "Games" menu when i try to run it i get a loading screen for about 5 seconds at which point i am taken back to the Games menu and xmugen no longer shows up on the menu..but when i check with xcommander it is still in the F:Games directory........im totaly lost i've read some of the tutorials on how to get xmugen working but have had no luck at all!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users