• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Wasabi 360 Ultra firmware v1.3 BETA1
Posted by XanTium | March 20 21:55 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From wasabi360.com:

We have released Wasabi 360 Ultra firmware v1.3 BETA 1 which includes the following changes:
* DVDMenu added - a graphical, skinnable, fully customisable on-screen menu system
* Eject processing tweaked
* Drive key is now displayed at the Wasabi version information screen

DVDMenu is a graphical, customisable alternative to the standard ISO menu system. It works by generating a graphical menu system as a DVD movie, which you can then "play" using the Xbox 360 DVD player and then navigate the menu in order to select your desired ISO. DVDMenu is skinnable and fully customisable. We have initially included two themes, "Icons" and "List", which are shown below. For full details, please see the documentation accompanying the release.

Official Site: http://wasabi360.com
Download: here

#2 athlonoc

athlonoc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Has anyone actually got the new menu to work.

After running the DVDMenu program and it created two new files in wasabi folder, it doesn't allow me to see the games on the hard drive.

Firmware updated but no new menu with icons etc.

Any feedback on success.

#3 robbman

robbman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

I have the menu working here with no problems.

#4 athlonoc

athlonoc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Is there any chance you could confirm what size and make of hard drive you use.

Someone who has it working said it only worked on their 250gig drive but wouldn't work on their 320gig drive.

Think he the drives were Hitachi

Lee

#5 robbman

robbman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

It's a western digital cavair green 1 TB. You can test the menu by mounting the iso in the wabasi dir.

Edited by robbman, 30 March 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#6 athlonoc

athlonoc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

I decided to borrow another hard drive and repeated the same procedure for both current drive and borrowed drive. Both were done identically, however the borrowed 320gig drive worked but my original 500gig drive didn't. I know it's been done correctly even down to using the program to erase any trace of partions etc.

So it seems it's touchy on specific drives. Both drive ran through the same eSata enclosure.

Two quick questions:-

How do you use the controller to eject the selected game. I can select the game, then stop, but as before you need to eject the ISO image. I only getthat to work with the eject button on the xbox360.

The other is have you managed to see the drive key version in the menu as the wasabi team suggest you can on the latest release.

Thanks

Lee

Edited by athlonoc, 05 April 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#7 robbman

robbman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

I had an issue both with an enclosure and a 500 gig drive that came out of a security dvr. I've been using my logitech remote to eject and I gave up on extracting my drivekey or viewing it because it doesn't always work! LOL

#8 athlonoc

athlonoc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Ah, Wasabi support just informed me that after selecting stop with the controller, you select the middle button ( orb ) and then select home. This then allows you to eject media and see the selected game.

All seems to be working fine. I know a lot of people say it's trash and not a patch on RGH or JTAG, but it's all about what you're after. For me and the kids it's about haveing a few of our favourite games on a drive.

Slowly but surely I think for now it's a great device.

Lee

Edited by athlonoc, 06 April 2012 - 01:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users