• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

Maximus Lizard Booster Officially Launched
Posted by XanTium | March 20 22:44 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From 360lizard.com:

We are proud to announce the launch of the latest Lizard add-on "Lizard Booster"; this will help speed up some operations on the Lizard unit like Slim KEY Read. For those who want to check the speed please view the video posted some time ago from the prototype here.

We have posted also a small Installation Guide (thanks to squallen and vgcrepairs), you can get it from the Downloads page. The device require to be installed inside the Lizard. It does not require wiring (full quicksolder pads). We encourage you to read the Install Guide and all the warnings before attempting to install.

In order to use the features of the add-on you will need run the latest Gecko firmware 1.30 or above. At this time the only difference among units having the booster and those who does not have it is the speed but we might in the future incorporate features that might require the booster.

* The MSRP of the device is $18 USD please contact your nearest reseller for more information.

Pictures of the Device:

Maximus Lizard Booster Maximus Lizard Booster

Official Site: http://www.360lizard.com

#2 itoktoeatfish

itoktoeatfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Really? I have a Lizard and like it alot, but to spend $20+ (after shipping) to save a few seconds doesnt make much since to me. And "we might in the future incorporate features that might require the booster." No thanks, I will pass.

#3 boneym

boneym

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Not sure the purpose of this item, seems its a attempt of gilding the lily to me.
To purchase a $90 product then add a $20 buzzer,
now to gain a few seconds in speed to try and keep up with
the competition, to purchase another $17 product
then try and install this to your already expensive purchase,
I can see the botched up installs now, as looks like
its hardly a noob install by the pdf suplied in the link.
I will pass on this as well, thanks but no thanks.

Edited by boneym, 21 March 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#4 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

It makes sense for market-stall modders and similar setups where time is of the essence, but for someone who's got the time to wait then it's not really a worthwhile upgrade, unless there are some other killer features built in as well that are yet to be announced.

#5 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

i switched from TX to lizard and its an amazing product much better no need to mess with JF

its very fast and easy, so i find no reason why they created this product it is not worth it

the lizard as it is i can say is high quality but now it seems they are going the route of TX and making silly add ons to make a few bucks

#6 xiaNaix

xiaNaix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(xboxhaxorz @ Mar 29 2012, 01:25 AM) View Post

i switched from TX to lizard and its an amazing product much better no need to mess with JF

its very fast and easy, so i find no reason why they created this product it is not worth it

the lizard as it is i can say is high quality but now it seems they are going the route of TX and making silly add ons to make a few bucks

"Silly" ?

Yeah X360USB PRO V2 / Demon / Fusion / RGH2

It's all silly rolleyes.gif

Not to take anything away from Lizard as its a good product - but why don't you list all of the things you can't do with Lizard that you can do with JF & X360USB PRO.....and SO much slower too

Bottom line is if you don't like an add-on - don't buy it - the fact that YOU have no use for it doesn't make it silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users