• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stalkster

Stalkster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hello, I have not posted here in years and could not even remember my old forum name etc. Anyways I've built a ltp reader hoping to read the nand/jtag this 360. I have a few yr's of soldering experience/a steady hand and have chipped somewhere in the 20's xbox 1 console's, never had a issue with any of them.

I have rebuild the ltp cable 3time. Have tryed direct wires, re soldered the board connections 4times. Everything checks out with a volt/ohm meter. Tryed 2 different pc's, both can read/write a xecuter2.6 CE I had laying around with the lpt programer. I've tryed no resistors on the lpt cable and 100ohm resisters. Diode on the board end and no diode(pin11). I'm sure the wires in the D-sub connector(25pin) is in the correct positions.

At this point i have no idea, I have debated on buying a nand-x to try to read via usb. But like i said im experienced in soldering and can read/follow tutorials with no issue's(yes I'm probably alil old to be messing with xbox's still, lol.)

The xbox 360 im currently trying to read the nand is a xenon board. I'm just curious if there's 360 even more so xenon boards that the nand cannot be read? I've poked around and found a few post couple yr's old regarding the error, but wondering if there's any information that maybe more updated with the following issue.

Xbox is completely put together, power pluged in(xbox not on). On all lpt Bios settings it returns the same error. Port95nt installed.

"NandPro v3.0a by Tiros

Testing LPT Device address:0378
Testing LPT Device address:0278
Testing LPT Device address:03BC
Could not detect a flash controller!
Can not continue"

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I've had some boards that just won't respond to LPT for some reason. I don't think that's a common occurrence, but it's an anecdotal example if nothing else.

It's possible that the SPI port on your console is blown. You won't know for sure until you try a USB device as I've never heard of anyone having issues with USB. There are some solutions to that, but I'm not entirely familiar with them. I'm sure someone else could help you with that.

#3 Stalkster

Stalkster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Would anyone else like to provide some information before i buy a nand-x?

#4 j-lee

j-lee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Your using nandpro 3 and i'm sure it don't work with lpt.
You need nandpro 2, can any one confirm this

#5 p4r0l3

p4r0l3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:homebrew, fps, rpg
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

It also might be an issue with drivers or your bios. Play with different LPT settings in your BIOS; iirc mine had to be in EPP mode, but others had to use ECP. There was also a necessary driver, port95 I believe, that had to be installed for my LPT reader to be recognized correctly.

Good luck getting it figured out - it can be quite a headache the first time you get it setup and reading.

#6 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

I think only nandpro 2.0b work with lpt last time i tryed.

#7 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

These are all very good suggestions for the OP. Other than that, I'll pitch in another method. Make sure the cable are not criss crossed. and the stranded metal wires aren't touching at the back of the DB25 connector. Like when i removed the older wires from the DB25 conn i used from an old IOMEGA zip drive cable. I unsoldered all the old wiring to the pins at the back of the conn, but there was some stranded wire stil stuck to the ends of the pins I wasn't using.

So, long story, short, the wires I would eventually solder on the back of the connectors, would accidentally touch one or more of my wires. If you notice that there are many wires for a parallel port connector, then you'll realize how uncombersome it is to stick a desoldering braid in between each pin. So, just be careful. I just bent the strands away with a fine eyeglass screwdriver.

But , now I use USB nand flashers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users