Photo

Component Over Vga But Showing Only Green ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hlmasterchief93

hlmasterchief93

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

I am having 1.6 xbox so no vga mod
but my lcd support component over vga
so i use this cable
IPB Image

the problem is, showing only green
i try to unplug the jack, if i unplug/plug the blue and red jack => nothing happens ?

anyone can help me ?
thanks laugh.gif

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

Have you checked if the SD/HD switch many Xbox Component cables have is switched to HD ie. Component rather than Composite/S-Video? However that doesn't really make any sense given what you've said. If it were in SD mode there isn't any signal going down the green, blue or red leads. The monitor should be blank.

An all green display is exactly what you expect if you're using Component and the display is set for RGB ie. normal VGA.

The green lead on the Component cable carries the Y lumimance signal ie. b/w which is stronger than the Pb and Pr signals on the blue and red leads. Therefore if you plug it into a VGA display which is still in VGA mode rather than Component you'll get an all green display.

Disconnecting the red and blue should mean a slight change in brightness but the green colour would still predominate.

In short: the monitor is most likely is still in VGA mode.

How you switch the display over to Component I don't know. Maybe it's meant to detect the input and switch automatically but how a relatively simple cable adapter like that the one shown does this I don't know either. The monitor manual could prove useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users