• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MegaMagicPower

MegaMagicPower

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

Just wanted to throw this question out there to see if anyone had seen this. I bought a slim off someone via Craigslist. It was in perfect condition, never opened (I know because I was the first to remove all warranty stickers). Before I even opened it to flash, I tested it out with an original game just to make sure I didn't get ripped off, etc. The system itself works great, but I noticed the "beep" it plays when you press the power or eject button is LOUD compared to my other slim. I'm talking 2-3x as loud. My other Slim has a soft pleasant volume, but this one is loud enough to almost cause a little discomfort in comparison.

Yeah this isn't really that big of a deal I guess since you only ever hear the sounds a few times in a gaming session, but it still kind of bothers me. Are there some models that just have a louder beep than others? This one was manufactured in 12-27-2010. Or is there some kind of volume control on the beeps that I'm not aware of? I tried Google but there wasn't anything out there on this issue that I could find.

Like I said, not a big deal, but would be nice to fix. Let me know if you guys have heard anything this.

#2 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

I havent come across a louder than normal sounding slim. So i can't help you out. I would check for a bad solder joint on the ring of lights board. maybe the guy tried a ROL mod and then gave up. And, left some solder splash on the track leading to the bell input via button press.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users