2 replies to this topic

#1 bubs866

bubs866

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hi
I've found this forum searching for advice on creating my own xbox360 arcade stick and it's been a great source of information. I've got my hands on a Wii TatsunkoVsCapcom madcatz stick and an old xbox 360 wireless controller. The arcade stick currently has a small board in the corner which houses the Wii Home and turbo buttons and 2 switches, one that switches the stick to either d-pad or left or right analogue sticks. This stick usually has to be plugged into a standard Wii controller to work.

I was originally just going to wire the buttons and joystick directly to the existing xbox board but am now wondering if it would be possible to modify panel too so i could use the turbo and stick selector switches too. Would anyone have an idea about this?

thanks

Edited by bubs866, 22 March 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#2 snake3

snake3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

check out http://shoryuken.com/ they are all about stick modding

#3 bubs866

bubs866

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Thanks for the advice.
On further inspection the Wii stick used a common ground setup and unfortunately my controller was the old matrix type so I decided against trying to use the turbo switches and just modified the board so i could use the buttons for the xbox guide button.
There's some LEDs on the board that I would like to convert to work like the LEDs on the xbox controller but as they're very tiny I'm not sure my solder skills are up to the task.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users