9 replies to this topic

#1 SlimXero

SlimXero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Ok, trying to fix an Xbox for a friend.

It has a Xenium ICE with solderless connector and the HD went out. Was getting extremely hot and when loaded into Xplorer360 or checked over FTP with Xenium OS had no partitions; was throwing error code 13. Installed a new HD, got it formatted using another softmodded xbox's hd and Xenium OS's cloning feature. Installed the drive in an XP machine, used Xplorer360 to copy over Ndure 3.1 softmod files (as i've done dozens of times before with non-chipped systems) and rebooted. Endlessly reboots.

I've tried booting HeXEn but the xbox won't read it. Is there some other way I can flash the bios, as when i try to boot the TSOP bios it fails, and I believe that's my biggest issue. The only thing that the Xbox currently does do is play retail games. It will not boot to any dash and after hours of trying, I've made almost no headway.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

can you please clarify something for me..

you removed the xenium chip.. and then built a softmodded hard disk for the xbox, But it is now reverted to stock?
if that is the case then its simply a matter of you havent properly installed the softmod..
so hexen will not boot.
this could be because of a shaddow c:

i would build the hard disk using xboxhdm personally..

or do you have the xenium chip installed and are trying to run a softmod on a chipped system?
you would be better off with a stock disk + chip than a softmod + chip//

but what id really like to know is, if you are removing the chip Why are you removing the chip to do this??

the easiest thingto do would be.
Unlock the new hard disk and format it to anything you want Ntfs will do (do that onthe pc).
make surre the xenium chip is still installed on the xbox.
Insert the ntfs formated hard disk in to the xenium enabled xbox.
Boot the xbox with hexen dvd.
Follow on screen instructions for hard disk preperation.
once done use xbpartitioner to format the drive to the partitions you want to use.
then go back to the tsop flashed topols in hexen and tell it to do a fresh install C.

and then its done.
you can then install apps from the hexen dvd if you want, but generaly its done.

Edited by shambles1980, 24 March 2012 - 06:32 AM.

#3 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

It sounds like your chip is working. Boot with your chip on. HeXEn (or any auto-installer) can take a long time to boot, I suggest you use a DVD-R burned at 4x and give it a good minute or so to load, then format your drive.

#4 SlimXero

SlimXero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

I don't want to remove the chip. I'm just more familiar with soft mods than mod chips. When he gave me the box he told me it was soft modded using a mech assault game save. Lo and behold, there was a xenium chip in it as well. I'm just trying to figure out how to get the Tsop reflashed and the HD working, anyway I can, so he can use the box. Right now all it does is boot retail discs. When I tell Xenium OS to boot from tsop it just halts

I don't think my burning method on the hexen disc was the issue, I think the copy I got was bad. Am going to download it again and try again

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(SlimXero @ Mar 24 2012, 06:26 PM) View Post
I don't think my burning method on the hexen disc was the issue, I think the copy I got was bad.

Unlikely - if it was bad then the zip would have failed its CRC check when you extracted the iso file.

You can't reflash the TSOP unless you boot from the TSOP.

Let's get back to basics. What happens if you boot with the chip disabled?

#6 SlimXero

SlimXero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Booting with the chip removed or trying to boot from stop ends with a flashing red light ring

Also reburned hexen but can't get it to boot. To be honest, its probably my media, the only dvd-rs in the house don't support 4x, lowest it will go is 6x

Edited by SlimXero, 24 March 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#7 SlimXero

SlimXero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

and evidently i removed the x2 5035 so i can't even boot retail games now either.

#8 SlimXero

SlimXero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

got x2 5035 readded, restored my ability to play xbox games. Borrowed some dvd+r's from a friend that supported 1-16x, got hexen burned at 4x, still refuses to boot. I don't know what else to do, i'm losing my mind with this thing. If i boot from TSOP it frags, if i boot any other bios, it frags, i've got a migraine from running in circles with this thing.

#9 SlimXero

SlimXero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

Got it fixed! Put the X2 5035 back on there, editing the config file to point to the unleashed dash i put on the HDD and everything works now, except hexen, which i'm going to try the HDD version...whew.

Thank you to everyone who helped, you guys were quick with your answers and I appreciate you answering me, not leaving me hanging.

Edited by SlimXero, 25 March 2012 - 02:19 AM.

#10 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

you cant use the hard disk version to do anything that involves formating E:
Clean C partition install would be fine.
but you cant rebuild a disk...
and you cant use the clone hard disk function..

you should use the dvd version. its likley that you just need to burn Hexen to a dvd-r at 4x speed or slower.

The reason you cant use the hard disk version to format E is because thats where the hard disk version is..
The only reason i edited hexen to work from the hard disk was to let people with slimboxes / broken dvd drives, update theire Softmods, change dash, flash chips, run xbpartitioner, install a clean c:, or a few other usefull tools,

Thinking about it now some of the options should get dissabled from the hard disk version, every time some 1 mentions they will download it i have the horrible feeling they wont think that formating E will remove it.

I dont want to start messing to much with hexen though as it is not mine to play with. I only uploaded it so a few people could use it and in less than a week over a thousand coppies had been downloaded.

Edited by shambles1980, 25 March 2012 - 03:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users