• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 peire

peire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

hi, iv just joined this site and need some advice, iv got a little confused on this modding xbox thing lol, iv read all over the internet and still a bit confused so here it is..

I got given and xbox original a few weeks ago and want to softmod it, with reading over the internet i found i needed a few stuff so i bought the 007 agents under fire original game and a usb to xbox lead so i tried using a pen drive i had but unfortunately it wasnt compatable i think lol as it didnt show in the action replay on pc..

what i need is a great softmod guide and a usb compatability list so i know what i need to get this done

i have 50,000 blocks so not sure on hdd size in xbox

Kernal. 1.00.5838.01
Dash. 1.00.5960.01

any help would be great as iv been reading for days lol and havent found a perfect writen guide for me to follow

thanks

Edited by peire, 24 March 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Not all copies of 007:AUF are exploitable. This post explains how to tell if yours is.

Don't use Action Replay, use Xplorer360 beta 6. Action Replay requires you to manually add specific USB device drivers, whereas Xplorer360 beta 6 just works.

You have to plug the USB stick into your Xbox first so the Xbox can format it properly. The USB stick has to be smaller than 4GB, and have no complicated formatting (like U3) - smaller, older sticks are more likely to work.

Use the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave installer. Select Basic Install - UnleashX dashboard. Make sure you take a backup of your eeprom, and put it somewhere safe.

#3 peire

peire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

thanks my game isnt a platinum so it ok to use

i have 2 usb thumb drives

pny 1gb
peel 512mb

so hope they work on that program you suggested,

could you link me to a guide i can get started on using the program you suggested

thanks

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

You are missing the point. It's not "that program" the memory stick needs to work with, it's the Xbox.

Plug the USB stick in to your Xbox, if the Xbox recognises it and you can copy a gamesave to and from it then you have a working memory stick.

If you need instructions for a simple tool that looks similar to Windows Explorer and copies files onto a memory stick then you should stop now, because it's only going to get more difficult. Why don't you try downloading Xplorer360 beta 6 and running it, instead of asking for a tutorial? You might surprise yourself.

#5 peire

peire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

iv plugged the usb to the xbox and it formatted it, and i have dl the program you have suggested

i have never used the program before so how do i know how easy it is to use im just asking a few questions thats all before i go ahead

im not new to modding as ive done

nintendow wiis
psps
ps3s
ds
idevices

so just gathering information before i start, better to be safe than sorry right ??

thanks for the help

Edited by peire, 24 March 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Excellent. Now all you do is unpack the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave installer, open the USB stick with Xplorer360 beta 6, and drag and drop the numbered gamesave folder (4541000d for 007:AUF) into the root of the USB stick.

Plug it back into the Xbox, copy the gamesave to the hard drive, run the game. When you get to the load game screen DO NOT select load game but start a new one. Then when you reached the actual game (after the cutscene with the helicopter), hit the start button and select Quit Game. Then go back to the Main Menu, Load Game screen and this time select "Load Game". Load the gamesave, and it should give you the softmod installer screen.

Edited by Heimdall, 24 March 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#7 peire

peire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

thanks will give that a shot today and report back to let you know how i get on

thanks again smile.gif

#8 peire

peire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

ok iv just modded my xbox and how do i backup my eeprom to my pc thanks

Edited by peire, 25 March 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

FTP is the easiest way. Alternatively, use UnleashX file manager to copy it to your USB stick, then use Xplorer360 beta 6 to copy it onto your PC.

#10 peire

peire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

thanks, is unleashx an application ??

im using the evolution x dashboard

is the xbox wireless compatible ?? as i cant find any network when searching ?

can you use a hdd to transfer emulaters, apps and games to xbox

#11 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Unleashx and evox are both applications/dashboards. They both run FTP servers. Do yourself a favor and setup FTP access.

Look on the back of the xbox you'll see it's network jack, there is no wireless.

#12 peire

peire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

thats the thing i use wirless and my router is set up in another room with no tv and i use ftp for other stuff anyways so i know how to do that so the other option for me is to do it another way as i wont be ftp into the xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users