Photo

Does Flashing A Old Phat Xbox Lite-on Require Probe/soldering Still?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Octanee

Octanee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

hi guys, as title says, i have here a old xbox 360 phat elite with a lite on drive, i believe its the 1st generations of them, not hte Benq but the "harder to hack" one or what ever, ive been modding benq's and now i have a lite on sitting here, no i know back when i learned how to mod and all that, and checking into the lite ons when they where fairly new, that you needed a PROBE or chip or what ever, to get your keys and stuff

i am wondering if this has changed? can i some how use jungleflasher to get the key and flash it and all that? or is it still the same as it was before with the whole chip and soldering with a probe or what ever it was called?

any help/info is much appreciated!, thanks!

#2 AtlantaMods

AtlantaMods

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

yes the xecuter or 360 lizard will do the job

#3 vortex77

vortex77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

a connectivity kit would be ideal but not really necessary. You can modify your dvd power cable (or a spare) and just add a on-off switch and a wire extension and you have yourself a "probe3" to get the key from your fat liteon.
you can find more info on diy probe3 with google.

Edited by vortex77, 25 March 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#4 Octanee

Octanee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

ok so thats a YES i do need a probe for the lite on? ive always used the xbox to power the drive when ive flashed like 10 benq's, so i would figure it should work for the liteon also? but just wondering if i have to have a probe or if i can do it 100% by like hook sata to drive and computer, start up like jungleflasher and if jungleflasher can somehow do it all with out the probe? Thanks for the replies!

edit: i found this, would this guide work? http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/767988

Edited by Octanee, 26 March 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#5 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

you would probably help yourself figure it out better by watching a youtube video. just search the same strings you have been using, but add youtube before the other words...

#6 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

its much easier to do with one of those power ck lite things to power cycle the drives.
I have had a nightmare time with a few drives trying to get them to powe cycle properly so i could flash them.
Honestly dont think i could have done it without the little switchy doo.
then again they werent lite on. the liteons were all prety easy with a probe.

you should really read the jungle flasher tutorials about it.
its prety easy though.
and as mentioned you can just put a switch on a spare power cable to power cycle.

Edited by shambles1980, 26 March 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#7 Octanee

Octanee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

well due to shit in town, i cant get any stuff for this, unless i order online, and at that im thinking maybe i should just buy a already made probe or something like that? so what are some good ones to buy? or should i order the stuff to make ah ome made thing for extracting the key?

#8 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE(Octanee @ Mar 27 2012, 09:28 PM) View Post

well due to shit in town, i cant get any stuff for this, unless i order online, and at that im thinking maybe i should just buy a already made probe or something like that? so what are some good ones to buy? or should i order the stuff to make ah ome made thing for extracting the key?

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4784763

Thats how I made mine.

#9 itwontfixitself

itwontfixitself

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Order a ck3i and a probe v3 if you don't feel like messing with building your own. These make it SIMPLE when used with jungle flasher. It pretty much walks you through the entire process.

#10 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

The probe is just for grounding. I just took my old maximus probe and used a wire and alligator clip and put it on the metal case of my PC. You could do the same thing with a nail or a small screw driver. As long as you ground the mpx01 point on the back of the drive and then flip the 3.3v switch off and on you're set.

It really helps to have some sort of connectivity kit though cause you'll need to power the drive off and on too.

1. CK3 Main Power ON, 3.3v Switch ON

2. Press PhatKey, then Yes

3. 3.3v Switch OFF, connect GND wire to MPX01, 3.3v Switch ON

4. After "Extract Complete" disconnect GND from MPX01, CK3 main Power OFF. Wait 5 seconds.

5. CK3 Main Power ON, press OK.

6. Done!

**The CK3 Main Power ON and OFF means the power to the DVD drive.**
***The 3.3v Switch ON and OFF means the switch you install on the drive's 3.3v power cable***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users