Photo

Jtag Cable Question (db-25-pin To Centronics)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kanikedude03

kanikedude03

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

I have a cable like the one at the link below laying around the house and wanted to use it to read the nand off of one of my xbox 360s that has been setting around the house here for a few years and has an exploitable dash.

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0009LRCIS

The problem that i ran into is that when I opened up the cable there are 38 wires inside! I mapped out which wire went to which pin using a multimeter. Of course there are only 25 pins on the DB-25 end and I found that some of the pins had 2 and 3 wires associated with them. My question is what do I do with the multiple wires associated with 1 pin? I thought about twisting them together and soldering them as 1 point, but I am not sure if that will work or not. Can someone who knows more about the JTAG process and how these cables work please give me some advice?

JTAG related Pinout for my cable
Pin Associated cable (s)
1 Purple with white stripe
2 Navy Blue with brown stripe
11 Pink with brown stripe
14 Brown
14 Red
14 Black
16 Red with white stripe
16 Pink
17 Aqua with black stripe
18 Yellow
18 Orange with white stripe

Edited by kanikedude03, 26 March 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#2 shredhappy101

shredhappy101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

I also am having this problem. Will making all one point cause problems? uhh.gif

#3 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Solder the common ones together or cut the extras off, makes no difference. It will however be painfully slow doing dumps via LPT. You'd both be further ahead to get a USB alternative like the BlackCat USB or its clone, the Xecuter J-R programmer, as both can be used for NAND and CPLD programming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users