18 replies to this topic

#1 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

I just got a Nand-X and have been trying to get it working to no avail. The question I have is about the computer recognizing the Nand-x and if the lights are supposed to come on when you plug it in. I CANNOT get the lights to go on when I hookup the cables. I DO have the power cable in but NOT on.
I also cannot get the computer to recognize the NAND-x so I cannot install the drivers. Im using Windows 7.
Is it the soldering thats I need to check or do I have a bad Nand-x?

#2 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

You aren't gettting any lights. Then that could be a problem. I think you could try and pplug in to another usb port. Seems really obvious. so you may have tried already. It should prompt for installation of drivers.
Step1.)

Did you install portio64.dll? It's part of the installer that comes with the nandpro software. You need that first It's called Port95nt.

2.) Then the signed x64 bit drivers in the nandpro20d folder. It should say precheftnik team xecuter usb if done correctly.

when you right click in my computer-->properties---->device manager There should be a section under other devices .

It could be aynthing though. As you lights are not yellow. nandx has a yellow led.

#3 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Should the Nand-X power up the lights with just the USB cable? Cause mine doesnt.
Also Im on Windows 7 32 bit. Does that mean I need the 32 bit drivers and not the 64 bit ones?

#4 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Can anyone tell me if the Nand-X itself is supposed to light up if I connect just the usb cable to it? Or does the power come thru the xbox and the quick solder chips? I cannot find reference to this anywhere and it will help me determine if the Nand-x is faulty.

#5 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

The Nand-X is powered by the USB port. The device should show signs of life just by being plugged into a USB port. Do like deilzfcjk suggested and try a different USB port. Also, try a different mini-usb cable if you have one. If neither of these actions get a response, it is likely a faulty unit. If you got it from an authorized Team Xecuter reseller, it should be no trouble at all to get a replacement.

Hope this helps!

#6 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

Yes, I have tried both a different usb-mini cable and all 4 usb ports on my computer. No lights at all.
I will look into getting a replacement...

#7 itwontfixitself

itwontfixitself

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Yeah that isn't right for sure. Even with no drivers installed it should be showing lights as the previous poster said.

#8 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

Is it normal procedure for returning an item like this, that I have to pay to return ship the item? And that I have to wait for them to receive it THEN they will ship out the replacement with standard shipping even tho I paid for Overnight?
Just wondering...

#9 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

This is Divineo Im talking about...
They told me I can pay to ship the defective item back myself. Then after theyt have recieved the item who know how long later, then they will ship my relacement out by regular ground mail. Which according to their site should take between 3-4 weeks.
And if I wanted to just return the defective unit and purchase another one so that they wont have to wait for the old one to arrive, I will have to pay another 20 bucks and change for overnight AND when they refund the original defective unit I wont get the first 20 bucks for overnight shipping back.
So I will have paid for overnight on a defective NAND-X for the first one. And then I can pay again for overnight, or wait 3-4 weeks...
Either way Im getting screwed. Its not my fault that the NAND-X was defective. Now I get punished if I want what I paid for. Oh and if I dont want to wait a month...

Edited by Unimatrix47, 29 March 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#10 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

i dont know where you live but in the uk that would be breaking the law since the item does not serve the purpose for which it was intended
meaning you are intitled to a replacement/refund no ifs or buts and making you pay postage is an insult here you would contact trading standards your country will have a consumer protection body
dont take this if they are not willing to budge buy another (from another seller) and demand a refund if you bought electronically you card issuer will refund you (they will in uk anyway) i would never deal with divineo
or anyone other than ck3 uk but thats just me

Edited by sinclairuser, 30 March 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#11 Unimatrix47

Unimatrix47

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

Im in the USA,
I have been emailing Divineo's customer service and they just sent me an email saying that its not their fault if the item is defective. And that they just sell them. They dont make them. Like thats supposed to matter.
Like I said, I bought a Nand-x from them. I paid the extra 23.50 for overnight shipping.
Then I received and item that NEVER worked.
Then I contacted them and they told me that they would gladly replace it. But that "I" had to pay to send it back. And then once they received the item, then they would sent out a new one by Ground which on their site says 2-5 weeks.
I email back and told them that that wasnt acceptable. That I paid for overnight and they should also re-ship the new one with overnight.
They said that was too expensive and if they did that they would have to raise their prices for everyone.
I suggested that I could just return the original defective Nand-x and buy a completely new one, but that they refund the purchase price plus the $23.50 for overnight shipping. That way I can apply it to overnight on the new one. Or that they could just ship the new one with overnight and NOT refund the whole price for the first Nand-X.
Basically they said no and that Everthing will be fine if I just return it like they want. Well sure. Over a month later I'll probably receive the new Nand-x. Thats BS.
I payed Paypal and Im probably gonna file a chargeback because I DID NOT receive what I paid for. And they are trying to make me pay to ship back their defective unit. Thats BS. Then I can re-buy overnight and be out and extra 25 bucks if I dont want to wait over a month...

Edited by Unimatrix47, 30 March 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#12 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Mar 29 2012, 06:32 PM) View Post

...dont take this... and demand a refund if you bought electronically you card issuer will refund you (they will <s>in uk anyway</s>everywhere)...

USA=VGCRepairs.com
Never a problem, nothing but helpful.

#13 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

have you tried a different computer? I know that's an obvious one but ya never know.

#14 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, I'm also in the States, and have had nothing but headaches with Divineo. I use www.xconsoles.com. It is owned and operated by a really great guy, and I have had nothing but top-notch service from his company.

#15 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

Or you could buy it from me. I sell maximus 360 nandflashers which is identical functionally. No difference. But what ever. I think it's(the Nandx) cable management is better because if you want to flash Xilinx CPLD's for RGH, they make a plug and play cable. But, I don't mind soldering. It's only 5 points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users