3 replies to this topic

#1 eSports.Hitman

eSports.Hitman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

Hi peeps

how can I change the springs in the xbox controller so there more like ps3 less stiff?

i've looked on google but I don't find anything about it, keeps coming up with the trigger springs.

any guides or where I can get springs

thankyou very much!

#2 DragonSlayer1987

DragonSlayer1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

PS3 controller uses rubber pads not springs. Don't know if you can get the same feel unless you wire in a new switch and modify the trigger

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

He means the Sticks.

You'd have to take the thing apart first, desolder it from the board and bend the 4 tabs under it without breaking all of them so you can get to the mess of insides. Then find your own springs that worked best. It's far more work than it's worth as they're designed to work with the ones int there. It can be done, it's just not a simple kind of deal.

#4 eSports.Hitman

eSports.Hitman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Mar 29 2012, 07:04 AM) View Post

He means the Sticks.

You'd have to take the thing apart first, desolder it from the board and bend the 4 tabs under it without breaking all of them so you can get to the mess of insides. Then find your own springs that worked best. It's far more work than it's worth as they're designed to work with the ones int there. It can be done, it's just not a simple kind of deal.

Thankyou RDC

As you say it's a bit more complicated then I first thought. Might have a venture with an old controller just to see what it's like but my skills are limited.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users