Photo

Xbox 360 Wont Keep The Disc Drive Closed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EvilTwin

EvilTwin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

okay so i had to switch my old pcb to new one, cuz i broke it while flashing... the guy who sold me the pcb flashed it with my dvdkey (he's professional) (i had to solder the pcb to my drive) but now, when i turn xbox on, it opens the disc drive automaticly, and when i click eject to close it, it closes it but after like a second it opens it again and shows a red light in the drive for under a second (the drive is upside down atm)

whats wrong with it, and how to fix? please help

edit: also when it opens the drive it says on the screen "opening" and when i click eject to close "closing" and the green light is flashing on the xbox

Edited by EvilTwin, 29 March 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#2 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

It is likely that you either mixed up some wires, or bridged some solder. Check that your wires are in the right order, and recheck your soldering with a multimeter. Look for images on google or somewhere for reference to the order of the wires. I'm at work, so I can't provide links.

Good luck!

Edited by CarpeDiem0, 30 March 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#3 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

i'm assuming you are talking about a slim drive, check your wires, also check if u broke the tray status switch.

#4 EvilTwin

EvilTwin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Mar 30 2012, 03:28 PM) View Post

i'm assuming you are talking about a slim drive, check your wires, also check if u broke the tray status switch.

im talking about liteon phat drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users