pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

So, i bought for my xenon board a hybrid plate to fix the issue with consitant GPU overheating. Now after powering on the system stayed working for 3second then RRoD 3 light with error: 0003 which has to do with E03.

I dont know how to correct the problem or go about in working on it.

Could it be that the hybrid plate is over tighten and somehow popped one of the SMD resistor on the bottom of the board or did i somehow burn out something on the board or power supply.

I dont have another or i would see if it was my powersupply

Help is needed smile.gif

#2 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

I took apart the hybrid plate and checked the underside of the CPU/GPU for any component damage. I found one smd that seems to have been stripped off the board. Its about the size of a pin head :/

I guess thats where im having the power issue at. Ill see if i can soulder that and see if it resolves the power e03 issue.

Edited by pepito01226, 29 March 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#3 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

On 0003 / E 03's

I've never found one yet that was the Power suppy brick. More likely a bridge pin under the power core gird of the Cpu chip. And can potentially be a missing surface mount device - just depends on which one

One 0003 that I was working on - corrected once I took the motherboard out of the RF cage. Something on the bottom of the Mobo was grounding against the cage

Power Regs or Caps can also be a culprit. If anyone has applied a heatgun to your Cpu chip, it can cause the Capacitors surrounding it to bulge.

As Power Supply Bricks - the LED is a good indicator of working status. When plugged into a wall socket, if LED is continually Red or not lit - there is a problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users