• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RyanMoroz

RyanMoroz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

So I just have a few questions. I am wondering who can help me out with some info on the XBox 360 Slim Prototype Console as I have a chance to pick one up right now (Not talking about prototype the game but the actual console is a prototype).

What can the prototype consoles do that others cannot and vise versa?

I have the option to pick one up for $100 but its JUST the console, no Power supply, no cables, not even a hard drive (Sadly).

I am not even sure where I would get the recovery discs from but is it worth while to buy this and what is some info you guys can tell me about them

#2 RyanMoroz

RyanMoroz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Bump

#3 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

if by prototype you mean dev kit they are useless to ordinary gamers as they dont play retail games
and it should come with everything ie sidecar module(dev kit harddrive/ extra memory unit) which is different to x360 harddrive bigger with its own power supply
the disks you mention do turn up but not often and can be very expensive my advice is dont touch it
from a gamers point of view they are useless even with accesories to hakers /coders/developers they are gold dust but only if complete and fully working
to sum up you cant put a regular 360 harddrive on it and use it like a normal 360
a rgh 360 would be much better gaming wise
oh and if you mean a true factory prototype dont buy it either as its STOLEN PROPERTY m$ never sell these atleast not while they are the current model blink.gif

#4 RyanMoroz

RyanMoroz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

I have taken a look at it, its odd to be honest. It says Prototype on the back of the console. it was taken from an AT&T location that was closed down, I assume it was a display model but as i have friends that work at EB Games they checked out their slim models in display and none say prototype... I think you are right though, I was not intending to use it online, was kind of just praying that it could perhaps play games from HDD like DEV models.

#5 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

if it is just a promo slim model it is probably a retail config box these play proper disks since the demo disks they originally came with are signed pressed disks just like games so you may be lucky
however if it breaks it may be a bugger to fix the "first look" demo machines often have different or non standard parts my ntsc jap xenon is an x shop demo and inside some parts just look handmade and it has some class a+ components (instead of the generic classb stuff in retail boxes ) not all but some
i mention this as some early slims had a different coolermaster hs/fan setup some think this is superior to stock slim if it is a proto slim there are people on here would buy it just for there collections

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users