6 replies to this topic

#1 KowalskiArcade

KowalskiArcade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Okay,

couple of weeks ago, i got a BB jasper from a friend who had no idea about soldering.

When he was trying to solder a wire to R4B24 (STBY_CLK), he damaged a trace and somehow managed to remove R4B6.
So, i soldiered a piece of wire and reconnected R4B24, but R4B6 is still missing. With damaged trace on R4B24 Xbox wasn't working, but now, when i repaired it, it works, without R4B6. My question is, should there be any problems with Xbox, working without the resistor? I know that resistors are cheap, but I still dont wanna risk messing it up.

just a little help if you don't know which resistors: http://img21.imagesh...77/regfix02.jpg

#2 KowalskiArcade

KowalskiArcade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

xbox is working, booting into dash, BUT...without DVD drive! when i connect dvd drive, xbox is turning on, but no dash is shown! you can just hear constant speeding and slowing of fans. maybe that is related to missing resistor?

Edited by KowalskiArcade, 30 March 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

R4B6 is 33ohm, and yes it needs to be on there.

#4 KowalskiArcade

KowalskiArcade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

okay, i'm gonna buy it next week, or even tommorow, and i'll tell you if there is any progress. thanks!!

#5 KowalskiArcade

KowalskiArcade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

OK, i bought the smd, soldered it and xbox SHOULD work like a charm, but i had another mistake while putting dvd drive back. i was in a rush and i accidentaly switched sides on dvd power connector and burned two resistors inside dvd(GENIOUS!) so now it is spinning but as soon as i turn xbox on it starts spinning like crazy...
near power connector, there is a row of for resistors, R709, R707, R708 and R710. 07 and 08 are blown and if you, or anybody else, can tell me the value of those resistors? 09 and 10 are 100 ohms. dvd drive is lite on 74850C.

#6 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Replacing R707 an R708 isn't going to fix anything as all they do is pass the Rx and Tx lines to the connector, which aren't used for anything but flashing.

Look over the board and check all of the '0' and '000' marked Resistors, as they are just jumpers and can act like fuses. You might get lucky and find an open one, but even if you do and it's replaced don't count on it working again. Plugging the power cable in upside down is a 99.9% sure fire death sentence for any of the 360 drives.

#7 KowalskiArcade

KowalskiArcade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

well all i could find are 5 "000" resistors, and all of them are okay, so maybe there is hope...i would rather spend 20$ for coolrunner, than buying new dvd drive...if only i could find some pics of pcb on the net, so i can compare te boards...

Edited by KowalskiArcade, 31 March 2012 - 04:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users