dragon45801

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

I have had this problem for awhile but just decided to ask for help. Any Benq drive I flash with lt 3.0 and on a newer dash just goes to the white xbox screen with the orb. I have tried spoofing, not spoofing, and using the correct key. If I flash the same key to a liteon and 3.0 it works perfectly fine. Any ideas?

#2 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Yeah, your console has an OSIG of LiteOn 02510C, and LT+ does not support spoofing with LiteOns. Simplez

#3 dragon45801

dragon45801

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

Hmm, I am aware that you cannot spoof liteon firmware but I believe I have had this issue with consoles that natively came with benq drives. So for example, I have an old falcon that has original benq. Flash with 3.0, and it gives me the issue stated. thanks for the help Carpe.

#4 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

So this issue has occured on multiple confirmed BenQ-OSIG consoles? But slapping LiteOns in has worked in all cases?

Edited by CarpeDiem0, 31 March 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#5 dragon45801

dragon45801

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

Slapping liteons in has always remedied the issue. How do I tell what OSIG specific console has? Short of googling to figure it out...

#6 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Only sure-fire ways I know of if the OSIG is completely unknown:

1; JTAG/RGH to get the CPU key, dump the NAND, decrypt it, and read what it says for OSIG

2; Flash spare DVD drives of different types with stock, unspoofed firmware until one plays games (not recommended because it will pop flags)

Keep in mind that some older consoles don't have factory-defined OSIGs. For those ones, it's basically a free-for-all.

How many aledged BenQ consoles have worked with LiteOns? How many consoles have this issue come up on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users