5 replies to this topic

#1 murdof

murdof

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Hi guys,

i have 2 kinda old xbox 360 units that initially came with LiteOn drives.

With a help of a very technical oriented friend we extracted the keys from the LiteOn drives and kept them on file.
Because the whole procedure with flashing the LiteOn was kind of hard for me I decided to buy a couple of Samsung MS28 from the internet and flashed those drives with the LiteOn key.

Everything was working perfectly (if i recall correctly I had iXtreme 1.61 on the Samsung drives) till I turned on the devices a couple of weeks ago and realized I have the 2.0.12611.0 since November 2010...

Update to the latest version failed so i tried to flash each version till the latest one via USB.
I could flash up to 2.0.13146.0 (but not this version). Apparently the reason is that it tries to flash the firmware on the drive but my drive is Samsung spoofed as Liteon...

What is the procedure to do the software update now?
I tried flashing stock with spoofed Liteon - but didnt work.

One thing that came to mind was to reinstall the Liteon drives but I threw them about a year ago...

Thanks for any replies!

#2 murdof

murdof

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Hi guys,

i have 2 kinda old xbox 360 units that initially came with LiteOn drives.

With a help of a very technical oriented friend we extracted the keys from the LiteOn drives and kept them on file.
Because the whole procedure with flashing the LiteOn was kind of hard for me I decided to buy a couple of Samsung MS28 from the internet and flashed those drives with the LiteOn key.

Everything was working perfectly (if i recall correctly I had iXtreme 1.61 on the Samsung drives) till I turned on the devices a couple of weeks ago and realized I have the 2.0.12611.0 since November 2010...

Update to the latest version failed so i tried to flash each version till the latest one via USB.
I could flash up to 2.0.13146.0 (but not this version). Apparently the reason is that it tries to flash the firmware on the drive but my drive is Samsung spoofed as Liteon...

What is the procedure to do the software update now?
I tried flashing stock with spoofed Liteon - but didnt work.

One thing that came to mind was to reinstall the Liteon drives but I threw them about a year ago...

Thanks for any replies!

#3 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Well, the simple (and most accurate) answer is that you need the LiteOns back. The main complication back then was extracting the key. Once you had that in the open, it was just a matter of not losing it. Phat LiteOns are actually very easy to work with once you have the key. For that matter, the extraction process has gotten a lot easier, and does not require soldering or trace cutting anymore.

But back to the issue at hand. Modern dashes very easilly detect spoofed drives, and spoofed Sammys are especially easy to detect. You are going to need phat LiteOn drives to get back up and running. They are roughly $35/ea most places. The rev version (7xxxx, 8xxxx, 9xxxx) doesn't matter because modern dashes flash them all to 02510C anyway.

Once you are back up with proper drives running stock firmware with your keys, you will be able to update.

Read this... it's a little outdated, but should still help you get past your problem
Spoofing 101 - http://karma.xzibiti.../spoof_fail.htm
and
Update Loop fix: http://karma.xzibiti...update_loop.htm

Instructions on how to do all of this are also in the JungleFlasher tut. Hope this helps!

Edited by CarpeDiem0, 07 April 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#4 murdof

murdof

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

This was exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks for the answer.

One final question.
The original drive was 83850C v2.

Does it matter if I buy a v1?

I assume i just flash on it stock firmware with the original key instead. The key of the new drive that i will buy is more or less useless, correct?

#5 dougiegillam

dougiegillam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Computing,cycling, running
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(murdof @ Apr 7 2012, 11:26 PM) View Post

This was exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks for the answer.

One final question.
The original drive was 83850C v2.

Does it matter if I buy a v1?

I assume i just flash on it stock firmware with the original key instead. The key of the new drive that i will buy is more or less useless, correct?

No it doesnt matter on the revision as the latest dash will flash it to 02510C.

#6 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(CarpeDiem0 @ Apr 7 2012, 01:20 PM) View Post

The rev version (7xxxx, 8xxxx, 9xxxx) doesn't matter because modern dashes flash them all to 02510C anyway.

It's almost as if I answered that question before you asked.. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users