FRK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hi guys.

I'm trying to install/transfer CoinOPS 3 Lite on my softmodded Xbox. To do so, I just FTP the complete CoinOPS 3 Lite folder to my F:\ drive which has about 48GB Free.
That all goes well, untill half way. Then my FTP program (FlashFXP) says: 450 Can't Access File - Transfer Failed at every file it attempts to upload....
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/W0JSI.png

At first I thought my HDD had bad sectors. But I replaced it with a new drive and it is giving me the same error half way.

What could this be causing?

Thanks in advance!

#2 JLsoft

JLsoft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Errr, it seems that you (or some program you've used) has unZIPped the .ZIP files in \ROMS (and probably other) directories.

You don't want to do that :)

You're going to have to clean out all the files that have been unpacked...you just want the original .ZIPs in the various ROM/sample/etc directories.

As for an explanation of that error, it's because you're hitting the maximum-number-of-files-in-a-directory limit in the filesystem...you're also needlessly transferring thousands of files and many gigabytes more than you have to because you've unpacked the .ZIPs.

#3 FrankMorris

FrankMorris

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yeh, looks like your newsreader has extracted all the zipped files after download.. sad.gif

SABnzbd and some other readers do that by default.. Just turn it off, or make it say something like "repair only"

#4 FRK

FRK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the replies guys!

QUOTE(JLsoft @ Apr 7 2012, 08:39 PM) View Post

Errr, it seems that you (or some program you've used) has unZIPped the .ZIP files in \ROMS (and probably other) directories.
You don't want to do that smile.gif
You're going to have to clean out all the files that have been unpacked...you just want the original .ZIPs in the various ROM/sample/etc directories.
As for an explanation of that error, it's because you're hitting the maximum-number-of-files-in-a-directory limit in the filesystem...you're also needlessly transferring thousands of files and many gigabytes more than you have to because you've unpacked the .ZIPs.

QUOTE(FrankMorris @ Apr 7 2012, 10:52 PM) View Post

Yeh, looks like your newsreader has extracted all the zipped files after download.. sad.gif
SABnzbd and some other readers do that by default.. Just turn it off, or make it say something like "repair only"

Haha, now I see it! You were right! SABnzbd unzipped everything. Re-downloaded it with just 'repair' as parameter and it FTPed without problems!

Thanks once again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users