DaRkxFaDeD

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

I recently started playing xbox again and i have Xenon hitachi with no mods installed at all. The console plays all older games fine, but it will not play mw3 or battlefield 3. I read that the older xbox 360s cant play new games, is this true is there a way to play new games on older xbox 360s?

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

If its not modded or opened, then call MS they did replace some consoles for people with slims if they wouldnt play new games I think.

#3 DaRkxFaDeD

DaRkxFaDeD

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

The console did have to be opened to fix an e74 error so no warranty for me lol. I have a spare Samsung drive though, could i just read the original firmware then use the hitachi backup to write to the samsung board? I still have iprep v11.6 installed that i used a while ago, i know its old but i dont plan on using ixtreme or anything so iprep should still be able to backup my firmware using the same method from 2 years ago?

#4 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

All games released for Xbox 360 are required to be able to play on any console sold as an Xbox 360, by principle. The oldest functional Xbox 360 console will play the newest Xbox 360 game.

It won't be a AP2.5/XDG3 protections issue, because neither Samsung nor sub-78 Hitachi drives can do those checks. It is, however, possible that the backups have not been burned right.

As for your drive replacement, it could work... especially if the console doesn't have a factory-defined OSIG.

Use modern tools (Current version of JungleFlasher and the latest firmware pack), and follow the steps starting on pg 77 of the JungleFlasher tutorial (jftut1.4.4.pdf)

Don't spoof anything other than the key. Keep the drive version the same as whatever the new physical drive is. If games play once you're done, you're in luck! You have no defined OSIG, and any phat drive will work. If not, you're going to need a Samsung drive.

Another possibility is that the laser has gone bad, in which case you can swap the laser. Hitachi and Samsung lasers are interchangable, and it does not require any soldering.

Hope this helps!

Edited by CarpeDiem0, 09 April 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#5 DaRkxFaDeD

DaRkxFaDeD

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Thanks i think that its the laser again, i was playing forza 3 today and i got unreadable dvd error ingame. The consoles not flashed with any custom firmware, i no longer use flashed drives since the original games never get scratched. Going to order a few lasers this time lol, if the new lasers dont work ill probably just copy the drive key of the hitachi to the samsung drive to see if the hitachi console with accept it.

#6 DaRkxFaDeD

DaRkxFaDeD

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Just installed a new HD63 laser to the hitachi and it reads all games well now, thanks all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users