8 replies to this topic

#1 Buffalobills

Buffalobills

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

I just did a Reflow on my Xbox. It now does boot up and after a couple minutes it will shutdown and the center light stays on. Anyone have any clue what is going on?
Thanks

#2 AirCap

AirCap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Do the fans still run, once it has shut down?

#3 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

Yea that seems like you accidentally didn't plug the fan in. IDK... sucks either way : / phats are basically junk nowadays.

#4 Buffalobills

Buffalobills

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Fans turn off after it does.Then the 2 lights come up so its overheating. I'm just going to flash my slim and say the hell with it

#5 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(Buffalobills @ Apr 18 2012, 09:27 PM) View Post

Fans turn off after it does.Then the 2 lights come up so its overheating. I'm just going to flash my slim and say the hell with it

If you reflowed it, you took the heatsinks off. Anytime you remove them theres the chance of them not reseating properly when you put it back together. You need a VERY thin layer of thermal paste and the heatsinks should sit evenly and touch all of the chip. You can slightly bend your x-clamps for them to hold the sinks on tighter.

#6 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(iwanttheagrocrag @ Apr 18 2012, 11:46 AM) View Post

: / phats are basically junk nowadays.

Yes, all of us with perfectly working phats should go and hurl them into the bin. Microsoft deserves the extra sales. tongue.gif

#7 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yeah, meanwhile some slims are already reaching end of life with E82 errors and such. My Falcon JTAG is Fan&Shroud modded with average GPU temp @ 42C. Is that junk? Because I guarantee it will outlast 10 stock 360 slims that run around 65-70C!

#8 rastaman108037

rastaman108037

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(iwanttheagrocrag @ Apr 17 2012, 09:46 PM) View Post

Yea that seems like you accidentally didn't plug the fan in. IDK... sucks either way : / Xenons and Zephyrs are basically junk nowadays.

Fixed that for you.

If OP reflowed a Falcon or a Jasper it likely did not need to be. Some...unintelligent people...try to do the x-clamp mod on Falcons and up, which does not help at all and probably causes more damage than good. Falcons and especially Jaspers have a very low failure rate. If OP had to reflow and used a heatgun, oven, or anything but a several thousand dollar reflow station, he obviously caused some damage. These poor man's methods were never perfect and many people ended up with dead boxes for some reason or another. You probably fried something on the board.

Slims are a bitch to take apart. Phats take like 30 seconds.

Edit, to above^: My Falcon JTAG has a 3.5" HDD mod in it, which required soldering to a Mosfet and all kinds of scary wiring and it works perfectly. Has for four years almost. Falcons run just beautifully. Zephyrs and Xenons do not.

Edit Edit: I have never seen an E82 and I've handled dozens of slims. It is a very isolated issue and is not common. It's well within industry standards for failure, unlike the first gen 360s.

Edited by rastaman108037, 01 May 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#9 rilski

rilski

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Damn the Xenon's!!!!!!!11111

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users