Xenon Rrod 0021. Can Anyone Help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CrysisLTU

CrysisLTU

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Half-Life 2 for the Original Xbox modding.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

I've picked up a cheap used Xbox 360 with RROD. The error code is 0021. Previous owner did the X-Clamp fix, I replaced the thermal paste and I'm still getting the same error. If I loosen the GPU heatsink screws, I get 0022. I tried to power on the Xbox without the drive and still - 0021. Should I get a heat gun and reflow the GPU? Or is it possible that the southbridge or anything else is causing the problem?

EDIT: I also found this: IPB Image
That's the previous owner's job. I don't see any damage.

Edited by CrysisLTU, 09 April 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(CrysisLTU @ Apr 9 2012, 06:02 PM) View Post

I've picked up a cheap used Xbox 360 with RROD. The error code is 0021. Previous owner did the X-Clamp fix, I replaced the thermal paste and I'm still getting the same error. If I loosen the GPU heatsink screws, I get 0022. I tried to power on the Xbox without the drive and still - 0021. Should I get a heat gun and reflow the GPU? Or is it possible that the southbridge or anything else is causing the problem?

That's the previous owner's job. I don't see any damage.

0021 is probably the GPU (9 out of 10 cases). A reflow is a good course of action. The scratch, as I see it, is not deep so it doesn't effect the mainboard operations (at the trace I see).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users