31 replies to this topic

#16 whitey86

whitey86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Nice mod!! can u post a link to the screen which u used and how to wire it in please.would like to have a go myself.
thankyou

#17 light-of-jesus

light-of-jesus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

that looks pretty sweet...very nice work...where did you get the screen?

#18 Marcheslav

Marcheslav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

Okay everyone just go look on ebay and search for whatever size you need car monitor / tft lcd. Quit asking tongue.gif

#19 HiTMaN-239

HiTMaN-239

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(Marcheslav @ May 2 2012, 02:35 AM) View Post

Okay everyone just go look on ebay and search for whatever size you need car monitor / tft lcd. Quit asking tongue.gif

Here you go for the Lazy Bums: Screen Link At $45 with free international shipping, this isn't bad.

Awesome work man! Itís amazing what some people can do with bondo. How do you apply that stuff to give you such nice curves?

I understand there is plenty of sanding involved, but still you must start of with something relatively good. Itís not like clay is it? just mould it with your hand? lol... I am curious.

#20 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Spend your time with filler ( bondo ) less is more and you don't want to be sanding big heaps of it. I actually applied it around the screen with my finger to get that curve.

Got the new screen in today, started work on making sure everything was all working again

IPB Image

Its just mounted inside the case with no Xbox inside it for now.

IPB Image

Battlefield 3 testing time, its small but still playable.

IPB Image

#21 whitey86

whitey86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

nice work! looks very nice and clean!
Could you post a diagram for wiring or direct in the right direction please!?
i have a 15" computer monitor i would like to see if it would be at all posible to fit one wink.gif
thanks

#22 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Lack of updates for a few reasons, baby and extra hours at work have left me with less spare time.

I originally wanted internal speakers but its just not going to work with the limited space I have inside, maybe next time I attempt this mod I will try another way. I am thou still having the sound as an option, there will be a 3.5mm audio jack to connect some external speakers like the ones you could connect to an iPod / phone.

IPB Image

#23 DragonSlayer1987

DragonSlayer1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Really like this mod, very clean. I had the same issue when I put a screen on a halo edition Xbox. I ended up installing a audio jack for external speakers. I also had to install a switch on the case do I could use the hdmi. Do you have the same setup or can you still run the system in HD, if so how did you wire it up. Also looking forward to an update on the borderlands case, I hope you are still working on it.

#24 satanicshrew

satanicshrew

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Super clean kid! The OEM paint look was an awesome choice. Makes it look like you bought it from Microsoft. What ever happened to the Borderlands case?

#25 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

95% finished now, just finishing up the wires and ready to close it up. Connected the 3.5mm plug and can now listen through headphones and can even connect speakers. Headphones are coming out in great quality the sound is amazing.

IPB Image

#26 ploggy

ploggy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Super clean mod. Looks stock! Brilliant. well done.

#27 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Installed the switch to tell the Xbox that it is using the Component Video Cables.

Headphone jack next to it, still cant believe how nice the sound that is coming from this.

IPB Image

Some last minute testing before closing it up

IPB Image

Dusty in the shed, i will be repainting the case as i am not 100% happy with it.

IPB Image

All together and working perfect... sort of

It is all back together but I am not happy yet. Will take it all apart and re spray the case, and re organise all the cables a bit better. I hate selling a project if I am not happy with the finished product.

IPB Image

#28 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

Wow, Just Wow. I cant Believe how great that looks, your mods are always really nice. I cant wait till you finish the borderlands 2 case. I'm thinking of adding a LCD to one of my phat Xboxs, how did you wire the LCD and Audio?

#29 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

The Xbox is now finished as of yesterday, and I put it up for sale last night and it is already sold. Will be starting my newest project tomorrow.

Thanks for the nice comments regarding the case, appreciate the nice words and it keeps me interested in modding 360's

IPB Image

IPB Image

#30 whitey86

whitey86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

nice finish man looks great!! what do u use paint wise for primer colour and lacquer if u dont mind sharing some tips? thank you for all ur help and advise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users