#1 boxer29

boxer29

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

i want to softmod my other xbox had 160 gb hdd in the first one ,
whats the easiest and quickest way to transfer file between the two xbox ,i have got emulators ,games and music
thanks

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

FTP.

#3 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

^ That.

However it does depend on the amount of data you're talking about. Under 4GB (the maximum size USB memory the Xbox supports) if you have a known working USB memory device and don't already have a FTP set up in place I'd argue that on a level playing field it is faster (and easier) than any FTP alternative.

But you need good luck finding a 4GB or less USB memory device that functions properly with the Xbox though. It's very picky.

FTPing direct between two Xboxes ie. without a PC using the purpose designed Xbox FTP Client would seem like a good idea but in practice although it does work fine the, IMHO, inexplicably awkward controller GUI makes setting it up a very slow process. It might be better if you have a Xbox compatible keyboard but I can't comment on that.

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

If you have a large number of files, the fastest way is avalaunch dash on both xboxes. Queue everything up and start. It will stay near max speeds for the entire transfer once it enumerates all the files.

#5 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Interesting, I didn't know that was possible. Comes of being satisfied with UnleashX and XBMC but not exploring the other dashes thoroughly enough. So thanks for mentioning that about Avalaunch - gives me a good excuse for looking at it more seriously than I have done before.

#6 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

That's all I've really used it for. I believe it also works well with Quix for faster transfer speeds vs other FTP transfers with PC.

#7 gman060692

gman060692

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

For FTP I've always found that pc to xbox, the xbmc server end works just fine. However going xbox to xbox the xbmc ftp client sucks and avalaunch(at least on the client/downloading xbox) is necessary to get decent speed and solid transfers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users